|Published||November 3, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
To safeguard and protect the rights and dignity of forced migrants and host communities through provision of legal aid, psychosocial support, advocacy, capacity building and promotion of inclusive governance.
Responsible for preparing financial reports, maintaining cash controls, posting accounting entries, maintaining accounts and ensuring proper implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
• Manage cash flow for Kakuma sub-office including transfers from the main office, payments and staff disbursements.
• Account for RCK assets in Kakuma and ensure up to date records including periodic asset verification reports are in place.
• Verify all supporting documents for authenticity before entering them in the accounting software system.
• Posting of Journals as directed by the Finance & Administration Officer.
• Ensure all suppliers and RCK liabilities in Kakuma are paid in good time.
• Ensure that high quality donor reports for Kakuma are provided in a timely manner.
• Charged with ensuring compliance to donor and statutory obligations for Kakuma sub-office.
• Accounting for all staff advances given in the Kakuma office and also for ISD functions and events.
• Participate in internal and external audits for the organization as well ensuring that all the requirements for Kakuma sub-office on the same are provided on timely basis and free of errors and mistakes.
• Support the Kakuma Programme Manager in administration work eg. office logistics, Flight bookings, staff welfare issues, leave management, asset insurance etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounts, Finance, or related course from a recognized university
2 years’ experience with a similar size organization in industry, or from practice.
Knowledge and experience in use of accounting software packages