|Published||September 11, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaus (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). The Job holders report to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Assist in organizing hospitality and other logistic arrangements for visiting delegations and government guests
- Liaise with the Regional Bureau or Head Quarters regarding international visitors.
- Prepare meetings with local officials in coordination with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other UN agencies or other individuals.
- Coordinate with security and transport units for the arrangements of road missions and airport transfers for visitors.
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to obtain visas for guests and prepare necessary documents.
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for protocol arrangements.
- Arrange and coordinate all meetings between the Mission officials and local authorities.
- Create briefing information for new staff members on immigration formalities, duty-free and tax exemption privileges, and vehicle registration, and ensure that the information is up to date
- Others as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFP operating standards through day-to-day work
Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.
Experience in planning and organizing activities in an international setting, protocol services, and working with the government or international personnel is required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who Can Apply?
This position is open to nationals of Barbados and CARICOM member states and associate members. CARICOM Nationals applying for National positions outside of their home country bear sole responsibility for required actions or expenses related to relocation, accommodation, repatriation, and any other living expenses, etc. A CARICOM Skilled National Certificate is a pre-requisite for employment for successful candidates who are not from the country for which the position is advertised.
Type of position: Short Term. Full Time
Type of Contact: Service Contract Level 5 (SC-5)
Duration on Contract:12 months with the possibility of extension, based on organizational requirements.
Duty Station: Bridgetown, Barbados.
Travel Requirements: The WFP Caribbean Office cover the 22 English and Dutch-speaking Caribbean countries. The selected candidate may be required to travel from time to time, both regionally and internationally, to support missions, emergency responses, training, etc. Remuneration: The salary for this role starts at BBD 4,324.08.
Interested candidates can send their CVs