|Published||March 29, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) is a worldwide network of judges and lawyers united in affirming international law and rule of law principles that advance human rights. We are recruiting a dynamic and flexible professional to support the work of the ICJ Europe and Central Asia Programme (ECA) and the Brussels office by ensuring efficient office management, HR support, finance support and logistic support. This is a 6-month full-time contract with a possibility of renewal.
- Organize office operations such as handling maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies and equipment;
- Handle incoming telephones, faxes and organize the use of post and courier services;
- Handle and maintain office stocks and assets, including through regular inventory;
- Ensure effective communication while representing the ICJ-European Institutions in discussions with the external partners, as “Moniteur Belge”, ONSS, landlord, service providers, etc. and manage contracts with external providers and partners;
- Ensure the proper up-keep, maintenance and professional appearance of the office premises.
- Support Europe and Central Asia Programme and Brussels office recruitment processes (from interviews to contract preparation);
- Process Brussels-based staff (5 people) monthly payroll with the support of payroll provider (UCM);
- Coordinate and maintain filing system for ECA staff and consultants (11 people) file administration;
- Maintain relationship and communication with external HR partners, insurances and Belgian Social Secretariat Services (ONSS).
- Support organisation of events, including conferences, seminars, and other meetings, including the choice of providers and liaising with participants;
- Prepare necessary travel documents and visas for staff and event participants;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of events;
- Ensure smooth communication with the suppliers, timely reception of invoices and other relevant paperwork and ensure proper filing.
- Support the Finance Officer to follow-up and ensure appropriate filing of credit cards claims, costs reimbursements, per diem, etc.;
- Support the Finance Officer to ensure appropriate encoding or project’s partners financial report in the accounting system;
- Ensure appropriate filing of documentation;
- When required, assist the Geneva and/or Brussels Finance Officer with organisational and projects audits by gathering documentation.
Education & Experience
- Higher education diploma or formation in business, public administration or similar.
- 1-2 years of relevant administrative experience in a similar role in an NGO and/or in an international organisation is a strong asset.
- Strong organizational, planning, time-management, and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive and hands-on attitude;
- Spoken and written fluency in English (C1) required; advanced level in French or Dutch an asset. Any other languages a strong asset (particularly Russian and Turkish).
- Proficient use of Microsoft office suite. Knowledge of online meeting platforms (such as Zoom) an asset;
- Knowledge of payroll processing systems (such as UCM appipay) an asset;
- Good knowledge of social and work legislation in Belgium an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities and needs;
- Commitment to human rights and the rule of law;
- EU citizenship or right to work in Belgium.
The position is based in Brussels (central location). No relocation package is foreseen.
How to apply
CET with your resume (maximum two pages), a cover letter (maximum one page) and the contact details of at least two references
Ref: Administrative Assistant