|Published||June 2, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work and our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community-based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures. www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
Scope of Work:
He/she will be responsible for designing and implementing the integrated advocacy intervention in Jordan contributing to the LWF ‘Rights-based Approach, Local to Global’ (RBA L2G) initiative”. He/she will identify local and national partners, focusing on women's rights, especially women’s empowerment and access to employment, and help them bring grass-root priorities into the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) process, and wider advocacy. He or she will ensure that the advocacy intervention is in line with a rights-based approach, ensuring long-term access to fundamental labor rights for local women through structural changes, where duty-bearers (national and international) hold themselves accountable. He/she will be responsible to conduct advocacy on behalf of LWF Jordan with partners, and ensuring collaboration, networking, and coalition building for LWF among Jordanian civil society.
Rights-based Approach and Advocacy
* Empower local partners to follow up and translate UPR recommendations into measurable concrete lives changing policies, legal instruments, and actions on the ground.
* Provides advice and expertise to managers, senior officers, and other public information staff on a range of advocacy and outreach issues, methods, and approaches; anticipates and resolves public relations issues/problems.
* Support Community-level advocacy, lobby work on women’s rights to employment, and produce research material.
* Supervise and mentor project staff on issues related to human and women's rights and advocacy
* Provide training on women's rights, advocacy, and lobby to targeted communities.
Coordination & Networking
* Carry out mapping of actors, coalitions, and alliances focusing on women's rights and economic empowerment of women and build networks at local and national levels to position LWF and partners as key actors on fundamental rights in civil society coalition/alliance.
* Identify local partners based on the mapping exercise and engage in networking and coalition-building with the identified stakeholders
* Be an active member and LWF representative in advocacy platforms and appropriate fora in Jordan
* Engage with relevant stakeholders on the issue of women’s rights, especially women's participation in the workforce.
* Act as a media spokesperson on campaign and advocacy issues if required.
* Run side events to raise the profile of thematic issues
* Work closely with PMER Officer in organizing media outreach; arranges all media contacts, provides talking points and other materials as needed for senior staff; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively.
* Undertake regular visits to the project sites to interact with both community, government, and LWF staff
* Communicate closely and regularly with colleagues at LWF Geneva to ensure link-up and coordination between national and international level advocacy.
* Responsible for designing, planning, management, monitoring, and reporting of RBA L2G project in compliance with donor requirements, project document and approved working budget.
* Ensures project goals and objectives are met in a manner that is accountable to the people served and to donors
* Evaluates results and impact of advocacy activities; reports on developments, trends, and attitudes regarding Key Advocacy initiatives.
* Prepare weekly highlights on the general operations and program updates to be shared with the management team.
* Ensure financial compliance with donor requirements and approved budget
* Manage and monitor the RBA L2G project budget
* Prepare financial reports in coordination with the finance team.
Any other tasks within the scope of the role as agreed with line manager.
* University Degree in Law, Gender studies, or/and Human Field.
* Minimum 2 years experience working on human rights and advocacy, with a focus on women’s rights issues
* A proven track record of inputting into and delivering on successful policy & advocacy strategies
* Good conceptual and analytical skills and ability to think and operate innovatively.
* Experience in lobbying within political and government sectors.
* Experience in producing policy materials for varied audiences.
* Experience working with local partners, community leaders, religious leaders, and local authorities.
* Demonstrated experience with capacity building and training.
* Solid understanding of international legal and policy processes relating to displacement.
* Professional knowledge of protection principles and advocacy, and the use of media for public advocacy.
* Good interpersonal and team-building skills.
* Ability to manage human resources.
* Strong negotiation skills are essential.
* Experience working with other NGOs and local partners.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to communicate complex messages in an accessible manner for varied audiences.
* Strong liaison and diplomatic skills.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
* Fluency in Arabic and English.
* Ability to travel both in-country.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain flexible to a changing environment, and make decisions independently.
* Computer skills, in particular, email, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
How to apply
Interested candidates need to submit their resumes