|Published||August 31, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Purpose of Job
Under the supervision of the Senior Finance & Administration Officer, the Assistant Accountant is charged with processing financial transactions and maintaining financial records, assist the unit with administrative matters and provide support to the Senior Finance and Administration Officer on finance, human resources and administration functions.
The Assistant Accountant shall:
- Provide support in preparing budget documents, registering financial transactions, following up on budget implementation
- Provide support on procurement and general administration tasks
- Provide support on administrative matters led by the Senior Finance and Administration Officer.
- Classify, code and post of transactions into the Accounting Software;
- Analyze accounts and establishing correct balances;
- Verify the correctness and completeness of supplier invoices, contracts and orders before entering into the Accounting Software;
- Assist in proper processing of fund transactions and in financial reports preparation, both for donors and internal management
- Assist in budget drafting, monitoring and control;
- Assist in process of ensuring that fund disbursements are made for expenditures indicated in the budget/work plan for executing programmes/projects as specified.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for petty cash in a timely manner
- Assist with the compilation of financial information
- Support the timely preparation of monthly financial reports and annual statutory financial statements
- Perform general banking duties.
- Assist with adherence to AU Administration and Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Assist the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer with external audit requirements.
- Maintain a proper filing and recording system for all incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents;
- Keep equipment in use in good condition and report on defects for maintenance and other necessary action;
- Provide, administrative and logistical support for meetings, seminars and/or workshops.
- Prepare travel authorization forms and travel claims for staff; x
- Execute procurement activities including collecting and inspecting proforma invoices and process and verify payments and delivery of goods and services;
- Create, update and maintain organised files and records including a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritising tasks;
- Source and order stationery and office equipment as may be required;
- Process all financial transactions including accounts receivable and payable.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A minimum of a Diploma in Accounting, Finance or any related field with Accounting/Finance minor from a recognized educational institution. OR Bachelor Degree or a higher qualification in the above-mentioned fields of study would be an added advantage
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in finance and accounting work for Diploma and two (2) years for Bachelor Degree holders respectively.
- Experience in administrative support role is required.
- Attention to detail and ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content fitting for the purpose and audiences when preparing written briefs and reports;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in French and English and/or Arabic is needed to perform the related tasks, especially in liaising with stakeholders locally and in the respective region(s).
- Good interpersonal skills, well organized and systematic, adept in multitasking, quick to learn and is committed to operating in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including excellent word processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications, experience in using programs such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Readiness to work on flexible schedule
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
- Adaptive, Patient, resilient and flexible
- Pro-active and solutions oriented
- Excellent capacity to use office computer applications. Knowledge of the SAP system is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in at least two of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish), with higher preference to English, French and Arabic. Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
..Risk Awareness and Compliance
..Teamwork and Collaboration
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
..Job Knowledge Sharing
..Continuous Improvement Awareness
Interested candidates can send their CVs