|Published||June 12, 2022|
|Category||Computer & IT|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Budapest is announcing a vacant full-time position of “Assistant & Information Management Officer” based in Budapest.
- Manages and coordinates the flow of information, ensuring that staff understand it and apply the appropriate institutional policies and procedures; sets and revises information-management and communication procedures
- Implements projects and programmes related to the Information Environment Strategy; briefs and trains users
- Manages and monitors ICRC collaborative spaces and databases, including access, and updates information in the reference tools; acts as a reference person for the ICRC intranet
- Compiles, edits correspondence, presentations, meeting minutes and other documents; ensures information is shared among users
- Independently manages appointments and organizes internal and external meetings and events; represents the ICRC to high-level contacts and counterparts in the diplomatic corps
- Assists the management by updating the timeline, schedule and other tools
- Ensures staff are briefed and/or trained on information management, written protocols and correspondence, rules on signatures and the protection, use and storage of office supplies, records management, archiving, and information-management tools; ensures they comply with related rules and procedures
- University degree, certifications in related field would be viewed as an asset
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar field of activity, international humanitarian work experience will be viewed as an asset
- Excellent command of English and Hungarian
- Advanced computer skills, including Share Point and IBM Lotus Notes
- Excellent organizational skills, disciplined and accurate personality
- Advanced communication skills
How to apply
In case your skills and background correspond to the mentioned requirements, please send your CV in English, a motivation letter in English and copies of diplomas/certificates to the e-mail with the subject line indicating “Assistant & Information Management Officer”.