|Published||November 9, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
To perform general accounting and financial reporting duties for Evidence Action
Duties and responsibilities
A. Team Management - 20% of role
● Provide leadership, management, and guidance to the Nigeria’s Finance team
● Will regularly communicate with program, country, and regional leads to identify capacity needs and oversee Finance function.
● Responsible for developing/refining and regularly reporting on Key Performance Indicators and Metrics to management concerning the teams’ operations and capacity/gaps.
● Represent Finance team in various program meetings.
B. Accounting: 60% of role
Overall overseer of the Finance activities in Nigeria.
Oversee accurate maintenance of the accounting system by ensuring accurate entries are done and charged to the correct donor.
Checking the procurement processes and documentations and ensuring compliance
Prepare payroll seeking approval by the 22nd of every month and ensure staff are paid by 27th of Every Month and ensure Timesheet Allocation report on staff costs are billed.
Review monthly schedules, GL reconciliations and ensure the timely monthly close.
Asset and inventory management. Ensuring periodic audit and constant updates.
Present an approved cash forecast/projection for the month by or before the 22nd of every month.
Support and spearhead the country’s statutory audit exercise.
Ensuring all taxes and legal requirements are accurately and timely tracked monthly to ensure compliance.
Ensuring all other tax related issues and tax related payments are properly tracked and timely submission to legal authorities is done on or before the deadline.
Review for compliance with donor and organizational policies/guidelines on all payments.
Provide financial and compliance guideline/refresher training to program staff.
Capacity building of Finance and non- Finance staff on compliance in relation to accounting principles and Organizations financial policies
C. Budgeting, disbursements and accountability: 20% of role
● Participate in program meetings and contribute budget implications of proposed implementation decisions.
● Continuous and effective budget tracking Ensuring proper budget utilization, proper cost allocations communication with program team, full accountability of funds.
● Develop financial accountability documents for all budgeted program activities.
5 years’ relevant work experience
Bachelor’s degree in finance or any other related field.
Professional certification in ACCA or CPA
Strong oral and written communication skills;
Audit management experience in donor funded programs
Higher education (Master’s Degree in relevant field