|Published||April 6, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions. Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) seeks a seasoned, dynamic, and dedicated Bilingual Human Resources Manager (French and English), in the Africa Regional Office (ARO). This job reports to the Director, Human Resources. The Africa Regional Office provides technical, financial, and programmatic support to PP Global funded partners in the Africa Region.
This position contributes to the PP Global mission in general and to the Africa Region strategic plan through effective human resource strategy building and best practice that supports quality organizational results leading to high performing and motivated staff. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for employee relations, employee engagement, fair and coherent compensation and benefits, performance, and skills management, learning and development, organizational culture as well as recruitment of staff and interns throughout the Africa region. The Human Resources Manager will be based in the Africa Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/DELIVERY:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Manages the end-to-end recruitment process for open positions.
- Maintaining on-going contact with Team Heads regarding hard-to-fill positions and provides necessary professional advice.
- Preparing job descriptions based on interviews with incumbents and/or completed questionnaires.
- In consultation with Director, Human Resources, negotiates fees, hiring arrangements and employment contracts with agencies, search firms and candidates.
- Manages the Posting of vacant positions either for internal or external hires.
- Manages the development of recruitment questionnaires and selection criteria
- HR Policies and Procedure
- Manages the process of development and design of human resources policies, procedures and programs to comply with legal regulations and organizational objectives.
- Helps with the benchmarking surveys of policy and program issues and recommends action to the Director, Human Resources.
- Ensure compliance with relevant country labor laws, regulations, current practices and developments in the benefits and compensation field.
- Responsible for Composing and distributing of new employee and promotion announcements.
- Ensure effective implementation of HR procedures, systems and processes.
- Provide quality and professional advice to the senior leadership on all aspects of HR.
- Disseminate HR policy to staff
- Compensation and Benefits
- Responsible for the implementation, and management of salary review processes
- Manages the compensation and benefit plans for the region.
- Responsible for the management of various human resources surveys, assessments, and analyses periodically.
- Negotiates with insurance carriers to ensure that we get the most economical premium rates and the best value for money.
- In collaboration with the Director, Human Resources, responsible for the marketing of employee benefits for endorsement by senior leadership.
- Staff Development
Responsible for the management of a staff development program and a tailored onboarding program.
Identify areas of staff development needs in collaboration with unit heads and Director, Human Resources
- Employee Relations
- Helps in conflict and grievance resolution together with the Director, Human Resources
- Coaching and Technical Support to Country and Field Offices
- Responds to questions from country offices in regard to policies and procedures to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Acts as liaison between human resources, other country offices and employees regarding human resources issues.
- HR Administration
- Responsible for drafting of the organizational charts and employee directory.
- Keep abreast of HR developments and priorities in other international organizations to be able to perform even more effectively.
- Completes special projects as assigned and required
- Legal Issues
- Under the direction of the Director, Human Resources, attend to any legal matters
- Facilities **
- Responsible for the management of leases for the regional office and supports country offices whenever there is such need
- Ensure that we have current contract with service providers, and manages the renewal process where necessary
- Ensure that all systems regarding IT, Security and safety are working and not limited to use, sourcing, and maintenance
- On request from country office regarding security related matters, escalate it to the Director, Human Resources
- Coordinate security trainings for staff in the region
- Management of staff personnel files:
- Maintain a safe and secure filing system for general files and important HR documents including personnel personal data, recruitment documents, etc.
- Ensure that any staff requesting to view their personnel file, they do so in the presence of HR staff
- Ensure that no staff removes any document from their file while reviewing it
- Keep an electronic copy and hard copy of staff files.
- Build a comprehensive HRIS system that can be accessed with ease and keep it up to date.
- Management of Staff Leave of Absence:
- Manage and Maintain leave records for all staff using the available tracking tool
- Provide technical support to staff in case of any challenges accessing their online platform for leave application.
- Management of Staff Contact List:
- Keeping the ARO staff contact details up to date and ensuring that this information is up to date
- Staff Transitions
- Responsible for managing staff transitions
Completes special projects as assigned and required
Regularly interacts with Director, Human Resources, Human Resources Business Partner, Vice President, Global Operations, Senior Director, Global Operations, Strategy and Planning, Regional Director, Global Operations staff, Program staff, other regional office staff and senior management team as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Good analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail and follow through. Capacity to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines. Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills. Cultural sensitivity imperative. Ability to analyze and synthesize information and communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing. Must possess excellent written and oral English and French communication skills. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and basic accounting.
Master’s degree in Human Resources or business-related discipline. Must be a current member of the Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM). Certified Huma Resources Professional-Kenya (CHRP-K) qualification will be mandatory.
Five years of experience in discharging Human Resources function. Experience working with donor funded organization is necessary.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to synthesize information and generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications; strong time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with keen attention to detail and follow-through; self-directed; and able to anticipate, prioritize, and manage tasks.
- Excellent written and oral English and French communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis applications).
- Analytical problem solving using systematic approaches to analyze and propose solutions is part of everyday activities, and cultural sensitivity is imperative. Knowledge of reproductive health issues.
- High degree of confidentiality
Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of time within and outside the country
How to apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address with Bilingual Manager, Human Resources on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries