|Published||March 22, 2022|
|Location||Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic|
|Job Type||Full Time|
MedGlobal is a global humanitarian non-profit organization providing medical and health education services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health professionals of diverse backgrounds.
Please explain the purpose and/or role in full detail.
CODE OF CONDUCT
MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects the profession’s core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers’ coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct.
The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, color, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal
Biomedical Engineer is a specialist in the field of biomedical engineering. The position involves designing and creating biomedical technology such as artificial internal organs and body parts, machines, equipment, and software. It also involves maintaining and repairing biomedical machines and equipment for diagnosing and treating medical problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
[Biomedical engineer] has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Designing and creating biomedical technology such as artificial internal organs and body parts, machines, equipment, and software that can be used for diagnosing and treating medical problems.
- Installing and calibrating biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
- Evaluating the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
- Maintaining and repairing biomedical machines and equipment, when needed.
- Providing technical support, when needed.
- Keeping up-to-date service histories on all biomedical machines and equipment.
- Training clinicians and other personnel on how to use biomedical machines and equipment, safely and effectively.
- Researching new materials, technologies, and engineering aspects of biological processes and systems.
- Writing reports and documents detailing protocols, policies, standards of use, maintenance, and repairs of biomedical equipment, machines, and software.
- Disseminating knowledge about the biomedical engineering field through writing, teaching, or consulting.
- Biomedical Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, biomedical science, or a related field.
- Professional Licensed Engineer (P.E.) with the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES).
- Proven experience working within the field of biomedical engineering.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Great eye for design and the technical ability to transform designs into products.
Exceptional team-working and communication skills.
How to apply
send your CV by email