|Published||April 3, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
What do we do?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
The ICRC structure in Debrecen is a Logistic Support Hub for the ICRC Delegation and humanitarian operations in Ukraine (UA).
The buyer supports the procurement process in a specific country in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations.
- Conducts research into the availability of goods and services.
- Independently carries out ordinary procurement for specific sector(s) up to a certain amount.
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection tables and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior.
- Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform with specifications and contract details.
- Receives goods and checks that they correspond to quantities and quality ordered.
- Manages, follows up on, files and scans invoices and related documents.
- Participates in updating statistics and reporting.
Desired profile and skills
- High school diploma.
- Certifications in purchasing, procurement or supply-chain management.
- Confirmed technical skills in procurement.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good knowledge of the local market(s).
- 3 years' experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of and experience with financial rules, procurement procedures and supplier management.
- Responsible and well-organized
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Hungarian.
- Good command of English (B2 Level)
- Commitment to the ICRC’s humanitarian mandate
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
What we offer
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- The ICRC values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
- Location: Debrecen
- Type of contract: Resident contract in accordance with Hungarian labor law.
- Length of assignment: 6 months extendable
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Salary within the B2 range ICRC Grid. Will be discussed at the further stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and Cover Letter in one pdf document at this mail address Please indicate as the subject of the mail: BUYER_NAME-SURNAME_ICRC