|Published||April 16, 2022|
|Location||Yambio, South Sudan|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Catholic Medical Mission Board has been operational in Western Equatoria, South Sudan since October 2009. With a focus on development and transitional programming, CMMB is implementing Health with a focus on Neonatal and Child Health, Nutrition, WASH, Child Protection, and GBV as well as COVID19 vaccination programs in 5 Counties in Western Equatoria, South Sudan. The Case Management Officer will support the implementation and monitoring of case management work under child protection. He/ She will be responsible for managing a team of senior social workers and social workers, ensuring proper coordination with the other case management implementing agencies and delivering timely qualitative reports.**
Key Roles and Responsibilities.
• In collaboration with the Child Protection Manager and other CP staff, ensure proper coordination between the PSS activities implemented and the case management work.
• Organize and implement case worker trainings, mentorship sessions etc. on referral and case management when needed.
• Supervise and coach case workers on the identification, assessment, documentation, referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk children and families (Case Management). This also includes mapping of available child protection services.
• Coordinate case conference meetings.
• Establish/review a foster care/kinship database and train identified and screened foster caregivers in line with established guidelines.
• Conduct alone and / or support the case workers in family visits if necessary.
• Ensure that case workers respect confidentiality and follow ethical guidelines.
• Ensure all documentation, reports, and records are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required including the cases closed.
• Ensure that files, registers, and computer databases are stored confidentially and are used in an appropriate and correct manner.
• Supervise activities at the Child Transit Centre to ensure that the center adheres to alternative care centers guidelines and children are protected.
• Support in coordinating and participating in cluster meetings at State level.
• Work closely with the vocational training institutions and other learning institutions to support training of vulnerable children.
• Closely work with the training centers and other stakeholders e.g., business community on placement of trainees on internship and possible job opportunities.
• Advocate and collaborate with other stakeholders on inclusion of vulnerable children through their caregivers in various livelihood programs. Monitor the progress of such initiatives to ensure maximum benefit for children and their families.
• Submit reports concerning implemented outreach activities and overview on the case management.
• Participate in weekly/monthly case management meetings.
• Collate and compile all work plans and share weekly.
• Write and submit weekly activity reports.
• Ensure constant and transparent communication and collaboration with relevant community structures and community leaders.
• Document best case practices and case studies.
• Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the Child Protection Manager.
• Conduct Joint field visits with caseworkers.
• Perform other related ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
1. Skills and Abilities
• Ability to set ambitious practical goals for themselves and achieve them
• Ability to work independently and hold themselves accountable to decisions made, resources managed and expected deliverables
• Creative and innovative where necessary, for timely, cost-effective and high impact achievements
• Approachable, a good listener and able to channel a diversity of ideas into a successful program
• Honest, open and transparent, adhering to organizational policies as applicable.
• Excellent communication skills with a strong command of the English language; Local Arabic language skills required.
How to apply
1. How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressed to CMMB South Sudan at the following email address