|Published||May 18, 2022|
|Category||Media & Journalism|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people – refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants –regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC advocates for rights-based policies and durable solutions directly and through a worldwide network of member bishops conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners.
ICMC has been operational in the Middle East since 2002, implementing humanitarian assistance programs in support of refugees in Lebanon, Jordan and Syria. Most recently, ICMC is providing emergency humanitarian assistance to Syrian refugees in Jordan with funding support from the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM).
For its operations in Jordan, ICMC is recruiting a Communications Officer, who is responsible for supporting ICMC operational communications in Jordan. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Communications Officer will strengthen national visibility and contribute to ICMC's communication activities at international level as required.
- Planning and conceptualization of communication and promotional material for diverse target audiences including institutional and private donors, media, partners, and beneficiaries;
- Writing, editing and proofreading a variety of communications materials, such as human interest stories, case studies, interviews, flyers, leaflets, booklets and project updates;
- Creating and designing visual content such as infographics, graphics using the appropriate software
- Coordinating the production of filming or photography on all ICMC activities;
- Ensuring communications activities are employed with consideration of key protection and privacy principles, and respecting beneficiaries' dignity at all times;
- Translating communications materials from English to Arabic and from Arabic to English when required;
- Managing ICMC Jordan's visibility requirements according to different donor standards and ensure all ICMC communications materials are in line with brand guidelines;
- Supporting/coordinating ICMC’s participation in events, including preparation of material and coordination with different departments, staff, partner organizations and guests, particularly surrounding key international days;
- Coordinating regularly with ICMC Communications colleagues in HQ;
- Conducting home visits with beneficiaries to gather information and stories for communication materials;
- Working closely with the program teams to collect, capture and document project activities and beneficiaries’ narratives;
Acting as a media / communications focal point. Promoting a better understanding of ICMC’s work by carrying out media, information in support of ICMC-assisted programs or humanitarian efforts;
- University degree in communications, design, journalism, or international relations;
- Experience working in communications within an I/NGO;
- Excellent personal communications skills and ability to communicate with a diverse range of people;
- Excellent written and oral Arabic and English language skills essential;
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills, and the ability to work independently with limited supervision;
- Experience in graphic design and filming an advantage;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well Adobe in design and Illustrator;
- Willingness to travel to northern regions of Jordan (Mafraq, Zarqa, Irbid, Ajloun, and Jerash);
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Syrian refugee crisis and international refugee issues is essential;
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical sectors in which ICMC works (Protection, Education, Livelihoods, Shelter, Basic Needs,WASH) preferred, or at least the ability to develop such knowledge.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae with full and up to date contact details via email.