|Published||March 13, 2022|
|Category||Media & Journalism|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Aidspan is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its small but passionate team of staff.
We are a Kenya-based international non-profit organization founded in 2002 as an independent observer of the Global Fund to fight HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Since its inception, Aidspan has bolstered the Fund’s effectiveness by being a dedicated source of information, targeted analyses and independent commentary via its official website (www.aidspan.org), the Global Fund Observer (GFO) and its French version Observateur du Fonds Mondial (OFM) newsletters, reports, social media and other communication channels. The organization is an indispensable resource for a broad range of Global Fund and Global Health Initiatives’ stakeholders – from policy makers seeking independent critique and guidance on the Fund’s policies to grass roots organizations and implementers seeking access to the Fund’s considerable resources.
Aidspan is therefore inviting applications from highly motivated and results-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community (EAC Partner States to apply for a new position as Aidspan’s Communication Specialist, functions as detailed below:
- Description of the Post**
The Communications Specialist will report to the Executive Director. His/her key role is to design and manage all aspects of internal and external Aidspan communications. S/he will collaborate with the OFM and GFO senior editors and contribute to promoting newsletter subject matter, including the development of high-quality knowledge, and learning content for Aidpsan’s social media platforms on GFO and OFM articles. In addition, she/he will be responsible for taking notes, organizing meetings, developing data visualization success stories, and other reporting for GFO and OFM. S/he will also support the promotion of GFO and OFM activities through key communication channels and will engage critical partners and communities of practice through outreach and innovative communication practices.
Key D**uties** and Rresponsibilities**
- Definition and coordination of the communication strategy
- Lead the development and design of an Aidspan Communications Strategy
- Elaborate the correspondent working plan
- Guarantee the implementation, the follow up and the evaluation of the Communication strategy
- Production of the content of the communication strategy
- Coordinate and develop social medias content and other media outreach for the organization as required and on an ad hoc but regular basis.
Develop publicity materials and provide website content.
Write and edit stories on topical issues, including media supplements, press release and media features for the Aidspan website, GFO and OFM.
Coordinates the production of the Aidspan annual report
Produces the necessary communication supports that reflect Aidspan’s activities (brochures, thematic monographies, leaflets)
Proofread and fine-tune social media materials to make them understandable and interesting to the targeted audience
- Ensure the accuracy and consistency of public information material.
- Continuous updating of the communications tools
- Liaise with health media practitioners and other health advocacy groups on issues of mutual concern.**
- Handle relations to public relations, information output, press releases and media requests, social media and/or advertising.**
- Advise on and support the organization on publicity/outreach activities. **
- Promote knowledge-sharing events and other promotional opportunities.**
- Organize events with the public/stakeholders to increase awareness of the GFO/OFM and/or disseminate knowledge of Aidspan publications, activities and/or recent developments.**
- Support communications capacity building for staff.**
- Support communication and branding of Aidspan projects, events, and workshops as appropriate**
- Other related duties as assigned by the ED.**
- University degree in one or more of the following: Mass Communications, Journalism, Multi- media, Media Studies, and/or Public Relations and related studies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and fluency in English, working experience in French essential.
Advanced skills in graphic design and desktop publishing.
- Five or more years of experience in drafting reports, communication documents and implementing communications plans.
- A proven professional record in the field of corporate communications in a reputable organization would be an advantage.
- Experience in the use of media technology, social media for public information/advocacy, and good knowledge and experience in handling web-based information management systems and platforms such as WhatsApp, Tik Tok, Instagram, Twitter and others as appropriate.
- Proven experience in engaging diverse audiences and supporting grassroots communications efforts.
- Experience leading the planning and implementation of various outreach and media events, including press conferences and project launches.
- Experience in a reputable organisation in public relations, corporate communication or advocacy would be an advantage.
- Ability to produce a wide range of communication supports, including infographics, presentations, videos, and layouts for both web and print.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, adaptability, and flexibility
- Analytical skills, as well experience in working with teams comprised of individuals from different cultures and diverse nationalities.
- Strong professional communication skills across all levels of an organization and with the public.
- Ability to deal with last-minute requests if needed.
- An interest in and knowledge of international public health, especially HIV, tuberculosis and/or malaria, would be an asset.
This position is based at Aidspan’s office in Nairobi, Kenya. Preference will be given to those who are allowed to work in Kenya.
Aidspan offers an attractive remuneration based on staff grade.
The position will run for a period of one year and renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Aidspan is committed to encouraging diversity and eliminating discrimination. There will be no discrimination on any grounds, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
How to apply
Interested candidates, who meet the requirements, should submit their CV and application letter electronically