|Published||April 29, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programs, Food Security, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programs, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Orange Organization aims to empower the economic situation of the displacement-affected persons through skills training and linkages to local markets via the provision of (PAS) Productive Assets Support to start their (HBB) Home Based Businesses as well as the coaching during the establishment phase of these businesses. Through business development center Kahrmanmarash, Orange provides several short-term business skills training opportunities as well as coaching services. Targeted beneficiaries will have the opportunity to develop their business plans and enrolled within a business competition which will be led by a jury of experts. Winning business plans will be supported by PAS, and they will be followed by dedicated coaches.
The counselling assistant will work within Orange Livelihood center in Kahrmanmarash supervised by the livelihood coordinator, s/he will mainly conduct the counselling sessions with the livelihood project beneficiaries as an entry point to all project activities and services.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Reach out to beneficiaries to invite them to participate in trainings and other livelihoods activities.
- Provide in-depth, one-on-one livelihood counselling to beneficiaries, with a focus on beneficiaries who are interested in self-employment track (start-up, home based businesses)
- Jointly with each beneficiary, develop an individual action plan in which the main steps to achieve livelihoods goals are outlined,
- Correctly and consistently use intake and other tools provided and provide feedback to supervisor on their effectiveness.
- If necessary, refer beneficiaries to skills development activities (wage-employment track) or protection support,
- Maintain up to date contact information for beneficiaries and follow up with them after they receive training or other support, answering their questions and responding to their concerns.
- Conduct the follow-up survey with the beneficiaries who received the productive asset support grant.
- At all times be aware of, note, and report to supervisor the changing needs of target populations (Syrians and vulnerable host community members)
- Engage in outreach activities related to the project (with community members, local NGOs, and private sector contacts)
- Provide feedback to the Admin Assistant to develop and improve the orientation information shared with beneficiaries when they arrive at the center
- Identify and discuss with supervisor/team new approaches related to entrepreneurship to ensure a flexible and relevant implementation based on the needs of beneficiaries
- Identify and discuss with supervisor/team the need for relevant assessments and focus group discussions to improve programming
- Work closely with the beneficiaries on preparing the purchase requests of the productive assets-based business proposals.
- Support the supply chain assistant in procuring the productive assets.
- Contribute to preparing the distribution list of the productive assets to the beneficiaries.
- Participate in the internal evaluation of the program.
- Sociology, Economics, Social Sciences, or relevant field of study.
- At least 2 years proven work experience in the field of livelihood and capacity development.
- Strong communication skills, negotiation skills.
- Good reporting skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Good computer skills including MS office.
- Fluency in Arabic and good English language skills (spoken, written, and reading), the Turkish language will be an asset.
- Turkish Nationality is required.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship is central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Interested candidates can send their CV