|Published||September 5, 2022|
|Location||Chisinau, Moldova, Republic of|
|Category||Computer & IT|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Under the line management of the IMPACT Country Coordinator, the Data Officer is responsible for the production of IMPACT’s analysis products in Moldova, including the preparation of research design, support in designing sampling methods, data analysis plans, data collection tools, data cleaning scripts and processes, analysis scripts, analysis outputs and (as relevant) production of web maps and information management systems. The Data officer will support in the dissemination and evaluation stages of the research cycle. Throughout each research cycle, the Data Officer, in (as relevant) close liaison with the assessment teams, engages with partners to promote their participation in data processing, analysis or relevant topics as designated by the line manager, to maximize the uptake and use of IMPACT research. When relevant, or managing a project, he/she also ensures an efficient and transparent use of resources required for project implementation. This can include the direct supervision of data and assessment teams during data collection, analysis or output production.
In his/her mission, the Data Officer will be hosted by IMPACT’s global partner ACTED and will fall under the direct responsibility and management of ACTED’s Country Director and his/her delegates for all Administrative, Security, and relevant Logistics and Finance issues. S/he will therefore fully abide to ACTED’s Security, Administration, and relevant HR, Logistics and Finance rules and regulations.
The Data Officer responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute towards the identification and implementation of effective and adapted data management and analysis solutions for IMPACT research in Moldova, in line with IMPACT’s relevant research and data guidelines.
- Support sampling design, creation and management of data collection tools (ODK or KoBo), training on data cleaning and management techniques, support for data analysis set up (specifically conducted in the R environment).
- Contribute to draft research ToRs with a specific focus on sampling, data collection tools, the data analysis plan, as well as data management plan;
- Support the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, ensuring requirements of research cycle/assessment are met;
- In coordination with relevant assessment and GIS officer(s), support construction of quantitative sample;
- Keep track of progress and delays of all assigned tasks throughout the research cycle. Ensure that delays or identified problems are reported by writing and orally in a timely manner.
- When relevant, support the identification and training of enumerators for primary data collection;
- When relevant, support oversight of data collection, in line with agreed TORs, including data cleaning processes, checks and data cleaning scripts;
- Document all changes in data collection that lead to a modification in the agreed TORs, ensuring that the IMPACT CC and IMPACT HQ are informed and agree on the modifications.
Data management, cleaning and analysis
- Monitor accuracy of data collected in line with IMPACT’s Data Cleaning Minimum Standards Checklist; • Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates and solve eventual discrepancies; • Manage, update and deploy monthly questionnaire; • Maintain, update and expand R-based systems of data management and analysis for data dissemination and reporting; • Serve as focal point for statistical analysis and quantitative reporting on assessments.
Drafting of products
- Ensure that all IMPACT analysis products the requirements of IMPACT and concerned partners; • In support of the Research Manager or CC/CR, as requested, provide regular communication with IMPACT HQ on progress and deadlines for analysis outputs • Ensure the drafting of timely and accurate data and analysis products (such as factsheets, graphics, webmaps, dashboards), which comply with IMPACT’s guidelines;
- Ensure findings are accurately reported given the data collection and analysis methodology planned in TORs. • Ensure that all analysis outputs are validated by IMPACT HQ before external release; • When relevant, in close coordination with IMPACT HQ, support the regular maintenance and update of online products;
Team Management and capacity building • Conduct induction for new staff members, including training in basic technical data processing and analysis competencies • Support the development and implementation of capacity training plans for data and other team members. He/ she is responsible for setting clear and personalised development goals, and designing training and mentorship plans to assist team members in professional development. • Be available to provide regular support and technical backstopping to all teams and units within country office.
Data Confidentiality and Protection
The Data Officer will maintain the strictest confidentiality on all data collected and related processes, ensuring full compliance with IMPACT’s data protection policy and SOPs. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of any information and data belonging to IMPACT and its partners, or collected during his/her assignment with IMPACT.
Academic Excellent academic qualifications, preferably including a Master degree in relevant discipline;
Research skills Demonstrable experience of data science. Excellent data analysis skills.
Software skills Advanced knowledge of R, STATA, Python or equivalent statistical software. Proven knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of ArcGIS an advantage.
Years of work experience At least 2 years of relevant working experience. Experience in humanitarian settings highly desirable;
Management skills Team management experience and skills highly desirable;
Communication/reporting skills Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting;
Multi-tasking skills Ability to multitask with tight deadlines, on numerous research cycles;
Level of independence Proven ability to work independently;
Cross-cultural work environment Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
Experience in geographical region Past experience in the [relevant] region is desirable;
Language skills Fluency in English is required, competency in Russian / Moldovan is an asset;
Security environment Ability to operate in a complex and challenging security environment
Salary defined by the IMPACT salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
Additional monthly living allowance provided in country by IMPACT’s partner ACTED
Food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
Interested candidates can send their CVs