|Published||March 27, 2022|
|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Job Type||Full Time|
REPSSI (Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative) is the leading African psychosocial support organisation. REPSSI’s vision is that all girls, boys and youth enjoy psychosocial and mental wellbeing. REPSSI has strong partnerships with governments (particularly the ministries responsible for social services, education and health), development partners, international organisations and NGOs in Tanzania.
REPSSI seeks to appoint an experienced and vibrant Chief of Party for a prospective youth empowerment and skills development project in Tanzania. You will provide technical leadership required for the successful design, implementation and delivering objectives under a large-scale project targeting youth empowerment, livelihoods and participation. This position is contingent upon REPSSI Tanzania securing funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall technical programmes lead for the delivery of all stated objectives of this youth project, ensuring the programme and its implementing partners are adequately supported to deliver its intended goals.
- Participating in technical meetings, with government, partners and donors to create and sustain linkages with this project.
Essential Skills and Personality Traits
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
- Strong project management skills.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Social sciences, development studies of a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, in a fast paced highly integrated programme targeting youth.
- Expertise and experience in a technical role in at least two of the following areas:
- youth empowerment, livelihoods improvement and skills development programing
- Developing opportunities for youth through acquisition of employable skills and/or micro-entrepreneurship.
- Technical assistance to national and sub-national actors, NGOs and grassroots youth organisations.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
- Successful candidate should have a firm understanding of USAID project monitoring protocols and approaches, localisation approach and COP design elements.
- Knowledge of US government rules and regulations and experience with subgrant management requirements.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems
This is a 4-year contract position subject to availability of donor funding and good performance. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. REPSSI is committed to the principles of employment equity.
How to apply
To apply, submit a one-page written motivation, CV and three work related referees with contact details, certified copies of identity document and qualifications by email.