|Published||April 13, 2022|
|Location||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting, operating in over 80 countries, that anticipates a USAID funded project in Tanzania, USAID/Tanzania Heshimu Bahari.
Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated 5-year, $13 million Tanzania Heshimu Bahari, Marine Biodiversity Activity which will acquire technical, material, and grant management services that support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and fisheries management at all levels; and iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making. To implement proven marine biodiversity threat reduction approaches in Tanzania.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party in providing leadership in the management and technical implementation of the program and ensure successful achievement of results as defined in the award. S/he will be responsible for all operations including but not limited to administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial, and property. We anticipate that the position will be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Responsible for programmatic aspects of the program. S/he or his or her designee will supervise the activity development staff and other staff involved in activity development and implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ensure project compliance with all contractual and administrative requirements, with support from home office and operations/finance team.
- Under the supervision of and in close collaboration with the COP, participating as needed in oversight of grant activities, including grant development, grant implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and grant closing.
- Identify and mitigate risks to the project, Chemonics, and client.
- Act as the Chief of Party (COP) when s/he is absent from the program.
- Other duties as assigned by the COP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Marine Biology, Fisheries Management, or related field;
- Five years of management level experience in marine conservation, fisheries management, or similar field required;
- Proven capacity to implement activities adhering to international norms and standards.
- Knowledge of Government of Tanzania marine conservation and/or fisheries management initiatives and related regulations;
- Advanced skills in data analysis and the utilization of data for decision-making; and
- Strong English and Swahili speaking and writing language skills
Interested candidates can send their CVs