|Published||August 7, 2022|
|Location||Bangui, Central African Republic|
|Job Type||Full Time|
In 2015, IRC developed a new global strategy for the period 2015-2020. This strategy redefined IRC's mission and defined specific operational and organizational objectives to strengthen its mandate in humanitarian emergencies and post-conflict situations. To this end, IRC at the global level aims to build infrastructure in the areas of communications, funding, human capital, systems and technology.
Under the supervision of the DDF, this position will be responsible for all aspects of the organization's accounting. He/she will be responsible for the development of proposal and amendment budgets, preparation and/or oversight of financial reports due to donors, will support the DDF in any financial situation requiring his/her expertise. The role will also involve capacity building of sub-office staff in their development of budget review and project budget monitoring.
Recording of accounting transactions, analysis of accounts:
- Consolidate country accounts with field office, national office and headquarters expenditures.
- Prior to posting, check the proper maintenance of field journals, report and prepare a written report on the quality of reports received.
- Ensure that the accounting and all entries are in accordance with internationally accepted accounting principles and IRC guidelines in this area.
- Question the eligibility of costs and support the offices in this analysis.
- Respond to the schedule for submission of reports to headquarters.
- Ensure that accounting entries are regularly reviewed and corrected and that project accounts reflect the actual expenditures at all times.
- Establish and justify the bank reconciliation of all accounts at the end of each month, analyze and justify third party accounts (suppliers etc.) every month.
- Ensure the monthly analytical allocation of shared costs to projects.
- Timely payment of social contributions CNSS, taxes, IRL on a monthly basis by the 30th of each month.
- Follow-up on the recommendations of the annual audits and improve financial reports in relation to the budget and project follow-up.
- Assist in the improvement of the office management and prepare any financial situation allowing the SMT to take decisions.
- Follow up on office costs with the purchasing division, office contacts dashboard, follow up on various payments.
- Support DDF in the management of project closure or any other task for which his expertise is required.
- Regular communication with our office at headquarters on country compatibility and accounting entries from headquarters and vice versa.
- Update the treasury tracking file, follow the balances and movements of all bank accounts.
- Ensure that monthly office projections are available and that bank accounts have sufficient cash for office operations.
- Update the file of funds received (monthly frequency), follow up on donor disbursements and ensure that the closure of projects is done in order.
Management of IRC accounting software and applications
- Master the SUN accounting software and finance applications and provide training to all new staff.
- Validations of payments in the system in relation to the procurement division, budget tracking and procurement software, BvA.
- Field office visits and staff capacity building.
- Preparing the monthly BvA and ensuring it is clean.
Budget proposal development, budget amendments:
- Responsible for the development of proposal budgets for all solicitations with his/her team.
- Work with the Grants Division to coordinate proposals in accordance with donor submission deadlines.
- Ensure that budgets reflect coverage of essential support costs and overall budget consistency with objectives.
- Ensure that budgets reflect eligible costs per donor and meet IRC budgeting standards.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the country office funding strategy by making recommendations and reporting issues to the DDF.
- In collaboration with the DDF, ensure that the SMT has a clear framework for operational budgeting, cost allocation, budget tracking, phasing and forecasting.
- Contribute to the presentation of budgets (codes) and requirements in the area of finance, when launching new projects.
- Ensure that formats, eligibility, compliance, reporting, M&E and quality assurance receive optimal attention at various stages of the project life cycle from award to ensure donor satisfaction.
- Work with and provide technical advice to strategic allocation of donor costs to minimize compliance requirements to the extent possible (time sheets, co-financing, etc.).
- Question cost eligibility and support offices in this analysis.
- Respond to requests from the field on the use of T codes and guidance on IRC procedures.
- Ensure that accounting entries are regularly reviewed or corrected, and that project accounting reflects the actual expenditures at all times.
- Follow up on annual audit recommendations and improve financial reporting in relation to budget loads and project monitoring.
- Support the DDF in the management of project closures or any other task for which his/her expertise is required.
Budget reporting and monitoring
- Ensure the preparation of detailed reports to donors,
- Ensure that the expenses charged are eligible and will not be found ineligible during audits,
- Ensure that accounting entries are regularly reviewed and corrected, and that project accounting reflects the reality of project expenditures at all times;
- Assist the DDF during external audits,
- Coordinate the preparation of project monitoring meetings, and take the necessary actions for corrective measures (reclassify and review flexibility on lines),
- Enhance their budget review and project budget monitoring,
- Advise and support the Grants Department in financial analyses,
- Adhere to the schedule for submitting reports to headquarters,
- Assist the DDF in the synthesis of monthly project monitoring meetings.
IRC and Donor compliance budget and staff training
- Understand donor rules and regulations related to the budget and ensure that new staff are trained in finance,
- Train non-financial staff on budget monitoring, analysis and monthly corrections of the financial situation of their projects, train finance officers in charge of the budget on financial monitoring,
- Visit field offices and build staff capacity,
- Supervise the staff under his/her responsibility and ensure their training,
- Work with the internal auditor on compliance issues,
- Conduct internal audits of all country program field offices according to the schedule and within the deadlines set in the annual audit calendar,
- Assist the DDF in assessing financial and information systems by recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity,
- Continually review the controls in place to ensure their adequacy,
- Verify supporting documentation, value for money, eligibility and proper authorization,
- Verify and ensure that procurement procedures and policies are followed.
- Assist the DDF in investigating suspected financial fraud or malfeasance and in implementing recommended actions to ensure compliance. Will follow up on audit work on outstanding and pending recommendations from previous quarterly audits,
- Participate in external audit engagements on internal control and substantive testing with accuracy as requested, completed and on time,
- Act as a liaison in the management of the annual external audit and in the audit of specific donor projects. Ensure that the audit report is received by management in a timely manner,
- Ensure that summary audit observations and draft audit report are communicated to management and finalize audit reports based on timely comments,
- Prepare regular communications and report relevant audit issues to senior management at headquarters, SMT.
- A university degree in a relevant field in Finance or Accounting.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in one of the functions related to Finance.
- Significant leadership experience and technical skills in building a quality control system for evidence-based decision-making for multi-sector and multi-donor funded programs.
- A capacity to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods, as well as strong presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong management and social skills and ability to work with diverse groups of people in a multicultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills - able to work without close supervision, including prioritizing work and multitasking.
- Knowledge of SUN systems, accounting, finance, auditing, taxation, laws and their application.
- Willingness to travel and work in the field (40%).
The candidate must be perfectly able to express himself in French. Fluency in English is a plus.
Interested candidates can send their CVs