|Published||June 19, 2022|
|Location||Wichita, KS, United States of America|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Development Coordinator serves as a member of the Resource Development Department and works closely with the Development Manager, collaborating to develop of short-term and long-term initiatives and strategies to drive the organization forward, develop sustainable solutions to organizational challenges and reach strategic goals. This includes leveraging individual, corporate financial and in-kind donors to support the organization’s fundraising efforts and material engagement in developing and implementing IRC Wichita’s strategic plan. The Development Coordinator reports to the Development Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the planning and execution of donor cultivation events and outreach activities through a range of strategies including annual appeals, major donors, grants, corporate and individual appeals, social media and special events.
- Support Do-it-Yourself crowdsource fundraising and other special giving events with community and civic groups.
- Write content for IRC’s monthly e-newsletter and ensure that there is a consistent presence on social media platforms.
- Coordinate accurate record keeping and reporting, including entering donations into Salesforce, monitoring and maintaining quality of data and records in the system, and generating and analyzing reports as needed.
- Correspond with current and potential donors, including generating donation acknowledgments.
- Plan, develop and oversee outreach activities that will raise awareness of IRC in Wichita, build community and effectively communicate IRC’s mission, goals, and programs.
- Conduct research to identify potential new foundations, faith-based groups, civic, corporate and individual donors and partnerships.
- Develop and maintain list of grant opportunities; contribute to proposal development as needed.
- Lead and collaborate with the Wichita Advisory Committee to bring client and migrant voice to IRC programming.
- Coordinate and oversee the Strategy 100 process and development in collaboration with the Executive Director and Development manager.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or combination of related education and experience may be substituted;
- 3+ years of related professional work experience ideal. Demonstrated experience in non-profit event planning and execution and/or in a sales and marketing position;
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Able to work in fast-paced, deadline driven, collaborative environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite;
- Proficient in spoken and written English;
- Valid driver’s license; current insurance and access to reliable personal vehicle and a willingness to use it in performance of job duties.
- Standard, professional office environment most of the time at IRC’s office in San Diego;
- Travel in and around the service delivery area;
- Work outside of traditional office hours may be required.
Interested candidates can send their CV