|Published||March 22, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The ACE program is a newly-awarded 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
In Nigeria, ACE comprising of Jhpiego, CCCRN and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 - 95 - 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance.
- Provide leadership and direction on SI/M&E activities to ensure technical and financial integrity to achieve ACE goals, objectives and targets and other ACE projects as necessary
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team to ensure success in meeting ACE goals, objectives and targets
- Lead development of project PMP and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data management, collection, aggregation and data quality assessment and QA/QI to guide state level activities
- Lead the process of establishing an instance of DHIS2 that will warehouse facility-level data for all ACE States and facilities
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at state level
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyze progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Strengthen the use of data at state and facility level for program monitoring and improvement
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for M&E/SI and data quality improvement
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources
- Supervise a team of and M&E/SI and informatics advisors, data managers and clerks to produce high-quality data and monitor program quality and progress to target
- Oversee timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to USAID, including narrative progress reports and weekly, monthly quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative results.
- Support and guide capacity building through trainings, mentorship and supervision on M&E/SI activities
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts
- Trouble shoot issues that arise and provide immediate solutions
- Ensure compliance to donor reporting requirements into DATIM and other formats for high frequency reporting
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Demography, Public Health, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; doctoral-level degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV PEPFAR-funded projects, with proven capacity in building and managing a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Strong data management and analysis skills and advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV by email using “Director (MEL), Abuja" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer