|Published||March 13, 2022|
|Location||Panyijar, South Sudan|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The IRC (Lead) and partners (ZOA and Cordaid) are implementing the Strengthening Smallholder Resilience (SSR) Consortium project funded by European Union in South Sudan. The project contributes to strengthening resilience of communities, improving governance and conflict prevention, and reducing forced displacements due to loss of livelihoods for 10,010 households in Greater Upper Nile region.
The IRC seeks a dynamic and progressive ERD Manager (Consortium) who brings expertise in multiyear consortium program management as well as proven experience in engaging diverse stakeholders and donors, such as Europe Aid technical teams, I/NNGOs, government institutions and authorities, UN Agencies, communities, financial institutions, and private sector for sustainability of the project interventions. The ERD Manager (Consortium) is the focal point for all project coordination and review, donor reporting, and information management and grants management capacity-building efforts within the consortium portfolio. While working with the programs team, s/he also provides key support in budgetary monitoring, compliance with donor and internal IRC rules and regulations and other key functions as required. The position will provide SSR portfolio and oversight strategic direction including the design, management, implementation, and overall quality assurance. S/he will work directly with partner technical experts and teams and support IRC field base project manager and staff, prepare reports and annual plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with European Union and IRC/partners regulations.
The ERD Manager (Consortium) will be based in Panyijiar (60%), with Roving to Juba (20%), Upper Nile (10%), Jonglei (10%) , the ERD Manager (Consortium) will lead the project implementation, provide leadership to the IRC’s ERD team and consortium partners (ZOA and Cordaid) to effectively manage the implementation of the SSR project., ensuring that project indicators are achieved within the constraints of IRC’s policies and internal regulations, grant agreement with EU and agreed implementation plan and strategies with quality implementation of program activities on ground. S/he directly reports to the ERD Coordinator and with state level external partners. S/he will conduct clear communication, orientation, and coordination with partners and stakeholders in a complementary manner.
- Ensure high quality technical leadership and oversight is in place for the program including prioritizing training opportunities for program teams
- Harmonize development of SSR project strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with European Union guidelines to achieve set objectives
- Oversee program administration, operations, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and EU regulations.
- Work with Partners’ M&E and IRC to develop/review program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Ensure up to date program information for Greater Upper Nile in the EA CIIS system on SORUDEV SSR
- Establish compliance with EA regulations, procedures and IRC and consortium partners guidelines.
- Where authorized, represent SORUDEV SSR Consortium team with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with EU, local government and authorities, and the IRC program management team.
- Institute effective communication and coordination with consortium technical leads and personnel from the state and local government in order to implement interventions and incorporate state level development priorities
- Timely review and compile program reports, work plans, and other program deliverables while ensuring high quality
- Organize quarterly field monitoring visits and document and share best practices among partners and with the consortium management unity for replication
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Organize periodic consortium management unit leaders meeting and provide periodic program updates and including raising red flags through ad-hoc meetings for management unit redress
- Working with all ERD Officers and Managers, to guide the timely execution of ERD programs and related activities in the field including FFFS, FFS, VSLA, DRR, cash transfer programming, etc.
Effective Budget Utilization
- Submit cash projections to FC/TC for review every 5th day of the month,
- Ensure budget spending are maximum (+/-5%) of the budget forecasted
- Review BVA with her/his team same day of receipt and send written BVA concerns to ERD TC,
- In reviewing PRs and payment requests and approving PRs ensure compliance with IRC finance regulations
- Maintain and up-to-date departmental PR tracker and raise concerns on unacceptable PR led times to the FC and ERD TC to ensuring advance requisition and avoid implementation delays
- Participate in the monthly review of the spending plan led by the Field Coordinator or ERD TC as appropriate,
- Participate in budget realignment discussions and budgeting as necessary
- Review activity specific budgets for ERD activities such as trainings ensuring value for money,
Effective Human Resources Administration and Management
- Participate in the recruitment and orientation of new ERD officers and assistants
- Conduct weekly meetings with each officer to review progress against set targets, provide performance feedback and provide technical guidance on how the staff can overcome the obstacles observed in current week,
- Conduct probation and annual performance evaluations of field officers within five days of due date,
- Resolve disciplinary issues that arise with ERD staff and inform Field Coordinator and ERD TC same day of incident,
- Ensure advance leave scheduling for all ERD staff and inform ERD TC ahead of time,
- Ensure that all the officer complete and submit their timesheets by the 5th day of the subsequent month,
- Foster the spirit of cohesion, teamwork, professionalism, and mutual respect within ERD team.
Effective Coordination and Representation
- Provide effective coordination and guidance among consortium partners, local government and authorities, community and private sector partners, NGOs, OCHA and other key stakeholders.
- Attend subnational/county level FSL Cluster and relevant working group meetings,
- Collaborate effectively with other IRC’s sectors, receiving and providing technical assistance as necessary,
Education: At least a BA/BSC, preferably a master’s degree, in Agriculture, Agribusiness/Extension/Economics, Business Administration, Development studies, international development or a related field
- At least 3 years of international work experience in coordinating or managing a complex agribusiness or development consortium possibly on resilience building, rural development or livelihood related topics and funded by Europe Aid.
- Previous experience in similar management position, including managing budgets and stakeholder relationships, motivating and supervising team efforts in complex and demanding environments; including playing a significant role in, or leading, report writing and submissions for institutional donors;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and managing livelihoods programs for rural communities in sub-Saharan Africa
- Prior consortium program management experiences in livelihoods with knowledge of European Union or Sister Donor regulations, procedures, and requirements.
- Familiarity with international standards for key program areas (Sphere standards, SEEPs and livelihoods standards);
- Also experience in monitoring rural livelihoods programs
- Demonstrated ability to manage a medium-to-large team, dispersed across a wide geographic area, implementing a multi-faceted project
- In-depth knowledge of EU/EA approaches and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience in South Sudan or in a hardship location is an advantage
- Good computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software.
Interested candidates can send their CV