|Published||August 28, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
WHO ARE WE? Five One Labs is a startup incubator and entrepreneurship ecosystem builder in Iraq that supports diverse entrepreneurs in launching scalable, innovative businesses. We aim to empower individuals to rebuild their lives and livelihoods and contribute to the economic growth of their communities. Since launching in Iraq in 2017, we have been at the forefront of the country’s rapidly growing entrepreneurial ecosystem and have supported displaced and local entrepreneurs to launch impressive, innovative startups. With offices in Erbil, Sulaimani, Duhok, Baghdad, and Basra, Five One Labs creates flexible programs for early-, advanced-stage, and aspiring entrepreneurs focused on human-centered design, the core building blocks of business fundamentals, and leadership development. For more information, please see https://fiveonelabs.org/.
WHO ARE YOU? We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and engaging team member to join our team as our Events & Community Coordinator in Erbil. A TYPICAL DAY AT FIVE ONE LABS There isn’t necessarily a routine day for the Events & Community Coordinator at Five One Labs. Approaching different challenges and creating opportunities will make up most of your day. You will make contacts and connections, plan and manage different events, develop event budgets, coordinate with vendors and other stakeholders, and lead invitations and planning. You will contribute to organizational planning and partnerships and lead in creating event strategies for our organization. Conversely, you may move chairs, carry bottles, or play games with the team. We are looking for a person who can easily adapt to different situations and contribute to our growth as an essential part of the team!
EVENTS MANAGEMENT: To ensure your success as an Events & Community Coordinator, you'll need the ability to handle any mega events and relations calmly and quickly. You will be asked to help with:
- Event strategy & planning
- Coordination with our other offices
- Invitations & attendee tracking
- Day of events logistics & management You will have to display exceptional communication skills and an acute understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Iraq!
COMMUNITY: You will work to develop Five One Labs’ community, both within the team and with our broader entrepreneurial community in each of the cities where we operate. This could include team events or community movie nights at our Labs. The Events Coordinator will strengthen Five One Labs’ culture and values through everything they do!
PARTNERSHIPS: In addition to your core functions of events and community-building, you may be asked to identify and/or develop strategic partnerships to support our events and community. You will oversee Five One Labs’ local partnerships, including developing and executing a partnership strategy and expanding existing partnerships.
Since we are a flexible and high-moving startup, you may also be involved in other tasks not listed above!
The Five One Labs team is seeking candidates with the following profile:
Skills and Knowledge
- 5+ years of professional experience in a related field;
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, or a relevant field.
- Proven experience in managing high-profile events.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to collaborate with stakeholders and the community.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. ● Ability to multitask and manage priorities confidently and with minimal supervision;
- Fluency in English and Kurdish; Arabic a plus;
- Empathetic and inclusive; demonstrated experience working with diverse and multicultural teams;
- Passionate about new ideas and new ways of thinking;
- Supportive of diversity and inclusion in everything you do;
- Empathetic and great at listening to others’ ideas and concerns;
- Problem-solving and “can-do” attitude;
- Willingness to work in ambiguous and challenging environments;
- Openness to giving and receiving candid feedback;
- Attention to detail, conscientious about accuracy and professional presentation at all times; desire for continuous improvement.
What do we offer?
- You will have the opportunity to work in one of the first startup incubators in Iraq, make connections and strengthen your network.
- We are a creative, diverse team that enjoys solving complex challenges. Our team maintains a fun and innovative culture built on mutual respect and accountability.
- We encourage and support your personal and professional growth. Five One Labs offers a yearly stipend which you could spend on books, courses, conferences, etc.
- You will get a generous paid leave package.
- We offer a competitive salary.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please fill in this application form on our website http:\www.fiveonelabs.org and send your CV or resume and cover letter by email.