|Published||April 6, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
About AVSI Jordan:
AVSI Foundation, an NGO created in 1972, carries out cooperation projects for development, with particular emphasis on education. In its work, its attention is focused on the defense and promotion of the dignity of the person, the cornerstone of every project. We work all around the world thanks to a network of 35 founding members and more than 700 partners worldwide.
AVSI Foundation has been operating in Jordan since 2006 and contributed in supporting the most vulnerable local communities, Palestinian, Iraqi and Syrian refugees through providing projects and activities that focus on health and psycho-social assistance, education, vocational training and job placement and income-generating activities.
About the project:
The project, funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), aims at contributing to the creation of a sustainable labor market in some Municipalities in Jordan. The intervention will strengthen the capacity of Jordanians and Syrian refugees to provide for their own livelihoods and promote the development of entrepreneurial activities in the cultural, agricultural and tourism sector.
The action, that will take place in three areas of the country (Rihab, Wadi Musa and Gweirah), includes both cash for work interventions, as well as activities of technical and financial support to HBB/SMEs and will be implemented in partnership with ARCS-Culture Solidali.
Through the cash for work, the intervention will contribute to the rehabilitation of some historical buildings and touristic attractions in Rihab and Wadi Musa; likewise, it will provide short term employment and technical on-the-job trainings. In Gweirah the project aims at building a greenhouse and support home-made food production through the implementation of a community gardening model. The cash for work component will be supporting the establishment of local entrepreneurship, that will be included in a program of financial and technical support (through grants and loans, and trainings), and the empowerment of CBOs in all three locations.
About the position:
The field coordinator will be responsible for the management of contractual and monitoring plan for the Workers and the coordination with local stakeholders. The main responsabilities including but not limited to:
Role and responsibilities:
- Coordination, supervision and capacity building of the field team;
- Building and maintaining a fruitful relationship with local community, local partners and other stakeholders including preparation and coordination of meetings, workshops, events, etc;
- Coordinating and following up worker’s contractual procedures (identification, selection, work permits for Syrians, hiring, attendance, performance, COVID tracking, payments, worker’s files, etc.) in coordination with the field team;
- Coordinating with Amman office departments such as logistic, finance, HR, etc. in order to ensure the set up and correct operation of Rihab field office;
- Ensuring that all procedures are followed by the field staff and follow them and ensure the correct entry of data in system in coordination with the data entry;
- Coordinating and following up CfW application/status/cancellation for work permits (in coordination with HR and operations departments);
- Performing other tasks requested by the project manager such as reporting, meetings, networking, creating synergies between cash for work projects and other sectors, development of new interventions, etc.
- Experience in field coordination;
- Experience in supervision of cash for work projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Good knowledge of local context;
- Previous experience in community based interventions;
- Previous experience in upgrading of public spaces or cultural heritage interventions;
- Good understanding of standard logistics, financial and HR procedures required.
- Strong communication skills and abilities to mobilize stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
How to apply
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply by email
Please mention the position name in the subject of the email: Field coordinator Mafraq/ Rihab