|Published||September 11, 2022|
|Location||Caloocan City, Philippines|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Job Title: Field Officer Field/Region: Area Program Tagalog Location: Caloocan City Reports To: Senior Field Officer
(PHILIPPINES NATIONAL ONLY)
Values, Vision, and Purpose
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
FH Philippines (FHP) strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FHP holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FHP expects employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FHP work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. It is understood by the undersigned that violations of stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
The Field Officer (FO) will work under the supervision and guidance of the Senior Field Officer and will be assigned to a designated Area Program. The Field Officer shall implement the activities defined in the approved detailed implementation plan and area budget. S/he is expected to implement activities in education, health & nutrition, DRR, and FSL in a timely manner and with high quality following sector standards. The FO is a field-based staff. S/he is expected to maintain strong coordination with all major stakeholders in the community and to be kept abreast of issues affecting the communities.
*Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Key Result #1: Program Implementation
- Implement program activities with quality, on time, and following the detailed implementation plan;
- Support the Senior Field Officerin identifying and developing sectoral activities that respond to the needs of the children and communities;
- Coordinate with other projects/field officers/focal persons to ensure smooth integration of all sectors within the Area Program;
- Contribute to the development of proposals and communication materials;
- Prepare Purchase Requests, cash advances, etc., and submit liquidation and expense reports following the standard procedures and lead time of Finance and Procurement.
Key Result #2: Community Organizing and Mobilization
- Establish appropriate relationships and formal partnerships with the local government units at the barangay level;
- Utilize community building and organizing techniques including but not limited to cascade and savings groups to engage community leaders, church leaders, families, and stakeholders;
- Actively engage and mobilize the leaders of the community in addressing issues in the community;
- Ensures that activities are well-coordinated and reported to relevant partners;
- Build the capacity of organized groups and facilitate participatory learning sessions using developed curriculum;
Key Result # 3: Monitoring and Reporting
- Keep track of the progress /activity tracking based on AOP targets;
- Maintain a database ( WL/Smartsheet) and uses proper monitoring tools conforming to the M&E requirement to capture sector initiatives;
- Submit monthly report as required by the supervisor;
- Support on periodic data collection, supervision of enumerators, and or volunteers;
- Report incidents experienced or witnessed in the field to the supervisor.
Key Result # 4: Child Sponsorship/Monitoring
- Support CESP strategies by ensuring that sponsorship/child participation activities are integrated into the implementation activities;
- Support the sponsorship team to ensure that sponsorship requirements are submitted timely and complete;
- Monitor and document participation and well-being of children in the assigned communities;
- Report, document, and monitor special case stories/situations of children.
Key Result #5 Human Resource, Administrative, and Finance Requirement
- Prepare timely request and liquidation of cash advances in accordance with FH Policy;
- Ensure proper storage and careful use of all project supplies and equipment;
- Immediately report to the Area Program Manager or Field Communication Officer- Team
Leader any untoward incident and overall well-being in times of emergencies/crisis situations.
Key Result #6 Personal Development and Learning
- Pursue ongoing training, professional and personal development in the form of seminars, conferences, and online learning opportunities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose;
- Excellent people skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures (at various levels within the organization);
- High integrity and a strong sense of professional ethics;
- Able to self-manage a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, proactively solve problems, and/or suggest viable solutions while advancing goals and objectives. Tolerates condition of stress, uncertainty or ambiguity and continues to maintain a positive outlook and work productively
- Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Google platform, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or GoToMeeting;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan and coordinate work, ensure the efficient flow of projects and processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, teach, and mentor staff and volunteers;
- Comfortable and persuasive when speaking before both large and small groups;
- Ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization and across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Medical fitness to live and travel in rural and urban areas with extreme conditions and limited medical support.
Education: Graduate of Bachelor in Education or any Education related course.
Experience: At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in development work; Experience in community organizing and working with children; Experience in training facilitation and partnering with local government units and community-based organizations, with frequent travels and monitoring in the field.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Language: Proficiency in spoken and written English, Tagalog, and local language (a plus). Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and training guides. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
How to apply
Applicants must be residents of the Philippines.
Please send your CV.
Enquiries are also welcome to the above email address.
Please use the Job Title for which you are applying in the subject header.
All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; if you are shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend an online interview process.