|Published||April 13, 2022|
|Location||Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting, operating in over 80 countries, that anticipates a USAID funded project in Tanzania, USAID/Tanzania Heshimu Bahari.
Chemonics seeks a Finance and Administration Director for the anticipated 5-year, $13 million Tanzania Heshimu Bahari, Marine Biodiversity Activity which will acquire technical, material, and grant management services that support and strengthen capacity for marine biodiversity conservation to i) build the capacity of public sector and civil society; ii) increase private sector engagement in marine conservation and coastal natural resources management; iii) improve the enabling environment for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs) and fisheries management at all levels; and iv) enhance data availability and use in decision making. To implement proven marine biodiversity threat reduction approaches in Tanzania.
The Finance and Administration Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting, financial management, and reporting. S/he will provide financial management and administration of the contract, and management support and oversight in the implementation of the Activity. We anticipate that the position will be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party (COP) to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion and that funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies;
- Ensure the complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions and preparation and closing of monthly project office accounts;
- Support the development of budgets, conduct budget flexibility analysis, costing of work-plans and assignment of expense codes for use by program staff in the implementation of activities;
- Ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award, including fraud and risk mitigation practices;
- Oversee Activity procurement procedures;
- Supervise Finance and HR team to ensure Activity is in alignment with all local labor laws;
- Work with Activity and subcontractor staff to ensure a robust budgeting and financial management and tracking system that adequately accounts for Activity funds;
- Oversee development, implementation of and compliance with organizational manuals/policies;
- Review monthly financial reports and ensure timely submission;
- Work as part of senior management team, ensuring collaboration between functional areas, and supporting effective implementation of activities.
- Master’s Degree or CPA in accounting or a related field;
- Seven to ten years of management level experience in marine conservation, fisheries management, or similar field desired;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team;
- Demonstrated success in managing finances for organizations with multi-million dollar annual budgets;
- Demonstrated experience supporting and working with activity technical staff to ensure resources are used efficiently and to accurately account for expenditures;
- Exceptional computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using commercially available accounting software;
- Demonstrated success in managing Grants including risk assessment and capacity building for grant-worthiness; and
- Strong English and Swahili speaking and writing language skills
Interested candidates can send their CVs