|Published||March 8, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Established in 1915 with Helen Keller as a founding trustee, Helen Keller International works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, Helen Keller Intl currently offers programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States. The organization combats the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research.
In Kenya Helen Keller collaborates with the Ministry of Health in implementing health and nutrition projects that focus on strengthening health system and provision of vitamin A and deworming treatment to children 6-5 years in various counties.
Job Title: Field Sub Office - Finance & Administration Officer
Duty Station: To be determined
Supervised by: Finance manager
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration of the contract: 1 years renewable
Travel requirements: field based
Field Sub Office - Finance & Administration Officer
Finance and accounting :
- Enter all transactions, including payments, advances, retirements, cash receipts into financial accounting software on a daily basis ensuring all records are complete daily.
- Review coding of all transactions before entry into the financial system and in case of concerns verify with budget holders and finance manager.
- Review activity requests and prepare payment request form;
- Review all receipts and invoices for accuracy and completeness with all their respective supporting documents;
- Ensure office financial filing is accurate, retrieval of documents is easy and filing is always kept up- to-date, with no unfiled documentation at the end of each working day;
- Reconcile all bank accounts monthly against bank statements, review for any long outstanding unclear items and submit to management for approval;
- Reconcile petty cash at the end of each month and ensure it is used appropriately;
- Review all staff retirements and ensure accurately processed and filed;
- Review all sub-award retirement reports for accuracy and maintain the tracker;
- Conduct field visits with sub-recipients, if necessary, to assist in the assessment of the financial management of sub-recipients.
- Manage MPESA payments and prepare reconciliation;
- Ensure all accruals and prepayments are accurately recorded each month;
- Support Finance department with preparation of month end financial package;
- Support Finance department with preparation for audits;
- Support Finance department with the monitoring of donor and field office budgets on a monthly basis and preparation of donor financial reports.
- Ensure full compliance of all administrative activities with HKI regulations, policies, procedures and strategies;
- Manage project supplies and office inventory, ensuring it is kept up-to-date at all times with new additions and disposals;
- Undertake physical verification of inventory items and report any discrepancies between physical count and inventory list;
- Undertake physical verification of inventory items and report any discrepancies between physical count and inventory list.
- Liaise with vendors/suppliers as required to ensure adequate prompt delivery and service provision for the field office.
- Manage vehicle log books - control and filing, by ensuring thorough completion by drivers for each journey;
- Manage system to monitor and control fuel usage for vehicles and generators;
- Assist in the management of Helen Keller INTL fleet, Prepare and check all documentation related for fleet management (fuel slips, logbook,), and assist in vehicle movement and scheduling drivers
- Organize logistics including booking of flights and hotel reservations, making arrangements for transportation, review of travel authorizations, documentation, and payments;
- Coordination and supervision of support staff (cleaner etc.);
- Ensure all procurements comply with HKI policies and procedures, ensuring correct usage of all forms;
- Ensure the proper filing of all procurement documentation;
- Solicit quotations and bids as appropriate;
- Prepare Service agreements for approval;
- Provide training to other staff on HKI procurement procedures;
- Supplier Contract management
- Degree in Business related course or supply chain.
- At least 4 years’ experience in finance, supply chain and office administration. CPA or CIPS or CPSP certification required.
Required skills & competencies:
- Demonstrated use of accounting software ERP system.
- Ability to learn, prioritize and manage complex and competing activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate. Ability to take initiative and adapt to different working conditions and diverse cultural environments.
- Proficient in Microsoft office. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team.
Terms and conditions
One-year contract renewable
How to apply
**Interested candidates to send their applications
Please send your CV and cover letter indicating the position on the subject of the email.