|Published||March 8, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
- Review supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure proper maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Provide daily management of finance issues and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Prepare Bank Forms for payments with all necessary approvals.
- Review payment requests and supporting documentation.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- BA/BSc Degree in finance, financial management, economics, accounting, or related field from recognized institution. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel, Word.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures preferred.
- Experience with accounting systems is required.
- Familiarity with the relevant public donors’ regulations will be considered as a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Demonstrated strengths in financial management with a strong client service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to express technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Ability to develop effective systems considering organizational effectiveness and impact on people.
Required Languages: Greek and English.
Travel Required: Non expected.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Finance team, Operations, Programming, Partners.
External: Bank, Tax office, Accounting office, Donors.
How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English with email, mentioning in the subject line the title of the position ‘’Finance Assistant’’.