|Published||April 11, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The role holder is responsible for cash management in Syria office, and handle incoming and outgoing financial transaction, this includes keeping approved documentation (Receipts, Bank transactions, Vouchers, Petty Cash transactions, etc...), recording transactions according to SC guidelines, assist in producing monthly reports, and assuring adequate cash on hand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Direct: as per country organisation
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- As a member of Finance Team, contribute to:
* Review all invoices before payment in accordance with SC procedures and
Ensure proper supporting documentation before payment.
* Provide cash advances to program and admin staff and settle procurement, training and travel expenses to clear these advances.
* Ensure proper budget coding and coordinate related approvals and deliver all payments on timely basis.
* Enter all transactions in FMS- Agresso on daily basis.
* Keep the confidentially of financial information including budget, bank balance and cash.
* Manage bank account and petty cash and ensure the balances is accurate.
* Assist with preparation of monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations.
* Maintain finance documents in an orderly and secure manner.
* Participate in donor and SCI audits and ensure that all documents are provided to auditors in a timely manner.
* Assist in preparation of monthly salary payroll for SC staff, salary charging sheet including tax and social insurance.
* Review and ensure financial support documents reflect the reported amounts in financial report.
* Issue and track partner's payments.
* Undertake any other duty as requested by the Line Manager
BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice):
* Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
* Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
* Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members, external partners and supporters
* Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Willing to take disciplined risks
* Honest, encourages openness and transparency
* College graduates in accounting or any other similar discipline.
* 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
* Good sense of responsibility.
* Excellent organizational & communications skills
* Good proficiency in spoken and written English
* Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred.
* Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Interested candidates can send their CVs