|Published||April 19, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
As the Finance Assistant you will play a key role in ensuring smooth and timely operations, recording, planning and analysis within Intiwawa’s Finance and Administration functions. In this role, you will support the Finance Coordinator and General Director in an array of critical functions including maintenance of financial records and reporting. You will also have the opportunity to become our new Finance Coordinator after success in this role.
- Organize and maintain up to date financial records on Quickbooks, including preparation of monthly and quarterly financial summaries using Quickbooks.
- Assist with record keeping and reporting for core organizational finance functions.
- Prepare a variety of financial and/or administrative reports (such as project-based profit and loss statement, income/expenses statement, monthly balance sheets, cash flow statement, among others).
- Provide financial data to aid in organizational proposals and development activities for Intiwawa’s programs or administrative areas.
- Identify and correct errors and discrepancies; advise the Finance Coordinator and the General Director of matters that require her/their attention.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Support monthly payroll reconciliations and keep organized records.
- Provide support during monthly budget preparation.
- Assist in developing policies and procedures related to financial management and internal controls.
- Handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents properly
- Participation in meetings upon request.
- Maintain close relations and communications with the Peruvian leadership team.
- When necessary and requested by the General Director and/or the Finance Coordinator, be the point of contact for finance-related activities.
- Very good Spanish & German skills, written and spoken.
- Proficient in Quickbooks (desired) or highly motivated to learn this software.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong research, problem solving, and analytic skills
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and terminology
- Excellent organizational and solid administrative skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural and collaborative environment
- Previous experience in the administration field in the nonprofit sector (desirable)
- The position is voluntary (unpaid) and part-time (around 5 hours/week)
- Flexible, unconventional schedule
- Possibility of gaining more responsibilities within the organization
- Work-related expenses are covered
- A letter of reference and certificate will be provided at the end of the term
How to apply
Please send a letter of motivation, CV and your criminal record certificate by email.