|Published||August 28, 2022|
|Location||Wichita, KS, United States of America|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Finance Assistant is a support position working with the IRC Wichita Finance Department to support and facilitate collaboration between programs, admin, and finance. There will be responsibilities in the areas of finance, inventory management, banking, donor, and vendor relationship and general administration. The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Finance team in monthly bank and account reconciliation.
- Conduct weekly bank deposit.
- Review and post P card expenses
- Create and submit invoice journals for approval for recurring bills.
- Assist in inventory and record-keeping of inventory items under Finance custody (gift cards, bus passes, and gas cards),
- Basic Account payable function such as check printing, ACH payments, prepaid cards
- Assist with monthly Time & Effort reports.
- Assist in preparing all documents/samples requested by auditors.
- Assist in the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems and updates of Kansas Finance Protocol
- Serve as backup to other designated Finance staff.
- Assist in filing and maintaining finance records for easy access
- Comply with all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Safeguarding.
- Participate in staff development activities and fully engage as a member of the team;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Preferably one year of professional office experience; ideally in an admin or finance department.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Highly organized, self-starter with proven success prioritizing multiple tasks, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Computer proficiency with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook). Proven experience in web-based data entry systems, ERP system with both data extraction and design preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Standard office environment.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Interested candidates can send their CVs