|Published||April 24, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization committed to promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya since 1946. CHAK is seeking to recruit highly competent, experienced and fit for purpose key personnel in the anticipated five-year contract to continue acceleration of sustainable high-quality comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services, to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and HIV epidemic control, and transition to a sustainable service delivery model in the Central Kenya region.
Reporting to the Principal Investigator, the Finance Director will assume a strategic role in the overall financial and grant management of the program. She will have primary day-to-day responsibility for financial planning, implementing and managing all financial processes of the program.
- Provide leadership in the finance and operational activities of the project, including general financial management, sub-award management, accounting, administrative and logistic processes
- Coordinate development and implementation the project operational procedures in accordance with organizational and donor requirements/polices and best practices.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for the project's financial, sub-award, and operations aspect
- Ensure compliance with CHAKs financial systems, policies and procedures as well as CDC’s rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of the Republic of Kenya laws.
- Monitor program budgetary expenditure against the approved obligations budget provision.
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial reports to both CHAK management and CDC and advise project PI and Head of Finance and Administration regularly on the financial position of the project.
- Manage and direct project procurement processes along the program workplans and budgetary provisions.
- Provide technical assistance to local Implementing partners on compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, and other administrative, financial, HR, and logistic processes
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management
- Offer Supervision and mentorship to project finance team.
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration with 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects
- Experience in working with PEPFAR/CDC, funded projects is desirable.
- Knowledge in generally accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control principles
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets of multi-million dollars.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
- Experience financial systems strengthening for Local Implementing Partners and Counties.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with partners, community-based organizations, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.