|Published||April 26, 2022|
|Location||Randburg, South Africa|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The position is based in Randburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
REPSSI (Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative) is the leading African psychosocial support organisation. REPSSI’s vision is that all girls, boys and youth enjoy psychosocial and mental wellbeing. REPSSI has strong partnerships with governments (particularly the ministries responsible for social services, education and health), development partners, international organisations and NGOs in thirteen countries of East and Southern Africa.
REPSSI seeks to appoint two experienced Finance Officers who will ensure that daily operations are maintained in an efficient and effective manner. In addition to working with the Director of Corporate Services and Finance, and the Finance Manager, the Finance Officers will liaise with the Regional technical/program leads and South Africa country program.
- Process requisitions, payments, receipts and other necessary accounting activities ensuring timeliness and proper charge codes; verify documentation for all program disbursements and review numerical accuracy and ensure proper authorisation before making payment.**
- Ensure financial transactions are within available budgets and work plan and ensure that expenditure is allowable and reasonable and are coded correctly to expense and donor codes.**
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and reconciliation of control accounts.**
- Assist staff in determining allowability and allocation of costs to a particular funding agreement.**
- Timely submission of monthly financial reporting (Pastel Evolution) and PTrail.**
- Maintain adequate cash flow for HQ and countries supported from HQ.**
- In coordination with Finance Manager provide expenditure reports of program budgets. This will include sub-agreement budgets with program partners, monitoring expenses versus budgets on annual work plan budgets.**
- Support country and grant budgets preparation, providing relevant data and advice to programs.**
- Prepare payroll ensuring correct tax withholdings and other statutory deductions meet local law requirements.**
- Maintain of proper filing of records and ensuring complete documents for all transactions.**
- Maintain up-to-date VAT exemption/submission/refund records and reconciliations.**
- Support the implementation and application of financial policies and procedures in the office.**
- Support the implementation and application of systems and procedures to ensure adequate internal controls.**
- Ensure project procurement is in compliance to the REPSSI procurement policies.**
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Pastel Evolution, spreadsheets, and proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience working in finance.
- Familiarity with NGO and donor supported projects.
- Confidentiality in the treatment of payroll, accounting and budget information.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload.
- Communications skills including fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral communication.
- Must be cooperative, hardworking, flexible, and dependable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Only South African citizens will be considered for the opportunity.
This is a 1-year contract position subject to availability of donor funding and good performance.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. REPSSI is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Should not hear from us within 30 days after the due date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
How to apply
To apply, submit a one-page written motivation, CV and three work related referees with contact details, certified copies of identity document and qualifications.