|Published||November 3, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Habitat for Humanity International is looking for “Financial Inclusion Manager” that would contribute to design and implement a MENA focused strategy to address systemic barriers linked to quality and access to financial services across the housing ecosystem.
1. Contribute to the development, and lead the execution of a MENA financial inclusion strategy, focused on low-income households, financial intermediaries, investors and regulators.
2. Responsible for lead identification, design, and implementation of Housing Finance partnerships and interventions across the MENA region.
3. Providing expert advice to financial institutions (Banks, Microfinance Banks/Institutions, FinTech and platform firms, Housing finance companies, central banks, regulatory bodies) on the following areas: (a) initiating a mortgage lending program, or in enhancing a program that is already underway, (b) developing and implementing innovative financial solutions (through financial intermediaries) aimed at low-income and middle-income households that help them develop or construct houses incrementally or buy affordable housing units (c) developing products and policies for microfinance housing loans (d) financial feasibilities of establishing and running sustainable housing finance companies.
4. Drafting of documentation such as terms of reference for consultants, strategy notes, market assessments, presentations on housing, concept notes for advisory projects, project approval documents, etc.
5. Working closely with Habitat for Humanity offices across the region, with an initial focus on Egypt.
6. Managing client expectations and ensuring their satisfaction while managing the day to day project activities
7. Ensuring the completion of projects within the allotted timeframe and budget.
8. Managing the work of outside consultants as per the agreed TORs and expected work quality to help implement the project.
9. Liaising with various functions within Habitat for Humanity International working to support the Housing ecosystem
10. Design and implement internal revenue strategy for long term sustainability, including donor identification, proposal development and pitching.
11. Relationship management with existing partners and other stakeholders within the investment, housing and financial inclusion community across the region.
12. Promote dialogue with government and micro finance regulatory bodies to develop enabling policies, and laws for housing micro finance.
Education: Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related area
Minimum of 10 years of international experience in financial institutions or advisory services with at least 3 years of specific housing finance related experience across MENA, in at least one of the following areas (a) housing micro finance (b) mortgage finance for low cost housing (c) climate finance (d) digital / technology platforms (e) housing finance companies (f) Construction finance/ Developer finance project structuring and execution