|Published||April 19, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
ABOUT Relief International.
Relief International (RI) is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
RI includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure.
The GBV Officer will supervise the provision of safe and appropriate services to survivors of gender based violence, and interventions to reduce risks faced by women and girls in the designated areas of RI protection program in Syria. The GBV Officer will provide remote daily support to the GBV teams in Syria in close coordination with the thechncial team in Amman. This include technical support and a day-to-day basis supervsion to ensure quality program implementation of GBV services in Syria. the position will also play key role in building the team capacity on GBV programming.This position will be responsible under the supervision of the NWS Protection Manger to work closely with the technical team in Amman including GBV coordinator and PSS coordinator , in addition work closely with Protection coordinator based in GZT and the Sr.Protection Offciers in the field is very requested as well.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Under supervision of NWS Protection Manger , the incumbent of this position will:
- Support the GBV Coordinator based in Amman in providing technical guidance, oversight and support to the GBV team in the provision of quality case management to ensure the needs of GBV-survivors are met in a timely and consistent manner and ensuring safe and ethical data monitoring.
- With close coordination with the technical team in Amman, provide oversight on the implementation of community-based prevention activities to engage all community members including women, girls, men and boys in GBV prevention, response and risk mitigation. This includes providing input on the training materials and tools, as well as support the capacity building plan.
- Support the GBV coordinator in planning and delivery of technical trainings for RI and partners GBV teams in case management, GBV core concepts, GBV tools and resources and other topics based on the capacity building needs assessment and plan.
- Support the hub/partner staff in carrying out proper filing/archiving of GBV related documents/files in line with the relevant standards and ensuring the confidentiality of documents, and the use of GBVIMS.
- Support the field staff to develope and update their work plans and review it to ensure timely achievements for the targets and activities
- Support the Protection Coordinator in assessing women and girls safe spaces needs from logistic and program needs and support in addressing the identified needs including guidance on raising purchase requests.
- Support the field team through providing daily supervision on activities related to case management and programming of the GBV such as organizing participatory assessments and other GBV activities could be done inside the WGSS , health faciliaties and on the community level.
- Deliver direct case management services for specific cases as guided by the GBV Coordinator.
- Responsible of establish and update the referral pathways for the catchment areas.
- Coordination with technical team in Jordan for joint activities and support/ CB activities to be provided, activities in WGSSs and for beneficiaries/catchment areas of WGSS.
- Support the identification and co-design of IEC materials.
- Contribute to coordination with GBV SC and other GBV actors.
- Responsible for meaintaing up to date docuemntaion for GBV service includnging GBV tracker and other services records , trackers .
- Responsible to report on regular basis ( weekly and monthly ) to NWS Protection Manger on the progress achieved , challenges faced , and other technical outcomes related to the GBV programig .
- Responsible to coordinate with MEAL team on the monthly progress against indicators with technical justification for abobe /under achaievemnts
Uphold and promote RI’s commitment to ensuring the safeguarding and safety of the vulnerable communities we serve.
Consistent with RI’s safeguarding and protection policies, ensure all people who come into contact with Relief International are as safe as possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
This position will require a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social work, Psychology, Sociology, Gender studies, etc.) and minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Previous experience leading teams on GBV response and risk reduction strategies.
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls.
- Relevant experience in counselling, social work, women’s health or other related fields.
- Understanding of case management, Psychosocial support and life skills programming to promote survivors healing and recovery.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory methods of community development and mobilization.
- Familiar with the emergency context and issues (preferably Syrian context)
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting
- Excellent organizational, communication and management skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fluent Arabic language communication skills required (both oral and written)
- Very good oral and written English skills**
How to apply
In case you meet the requirements and that you are interested in the position, please send your CV in English in addition to three professional references by email, stating in the subject “**GBV Officer**“ All candidates must be eligible to work in Turkey"
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply