|Published||April 6, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The Grants and Compliance Manager will provide support to Jhpiego Nigeria country in the implementation of financial systems and related donor compliance guidelines of Jhpiego’s projects funded by the US government and private foundations
- Review and make necessary recommendations and implement policies and procedures for the general operation of the organization and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Support regular audits to determine the accuracy of financial transactions and compliance with policies and guidelines.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls systems and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Support the preparation of audit reports with recommendations. Review internal work plan to resolve/clear findings of external audits.
- Ensure all organizational activities are in line with contractual obligations and agreements with respective grant funders
- Work closely with senior management, finance, administration, and human resources staff to ensure compliance with donor regulations
- Provide regular updates to management and staff on audit and compliance issues
- Build capacity of relevant staff on compliance and other necessary regulations
- Ensure that the organization’s assets are properly managed and safeguarded against loss.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the CD, Fin & Admin Director, and other managers and teams on improvements to Jhpiego’s systems and procedures to strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure review of Organization accounts, financial control systems, and program management to ensure effective internal controls, and participate in the development of new internal control initiatives.
Required Qualification/Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience managing grants for donor organizations. Experience with the USAID grants management system is highly preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in the relevant discipline, Masters degree preferred
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Theoretical knowledge of ADS, 22 CFR 226, 22 CFR 228, OMB Circulars; Federal Acquisition Regulations; and other donor regulations.
- An understanding of maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills, and bank reconciliation.
- Computer skills including the use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Good attention to detail with the ability to follow applies, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Extensive experience in setting up and managing safety and security systems and protocols and provide training to staff and partners.
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Good context analysis skills
- Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC, DFID, etc.) regulations, procedures, and requirements is a plus.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV by email using "Grants and Compliance Manager, Abuja” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.