|Published||May 8, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
We are looking for multilingual helpline operators for a large project supporting recognized refugees in Greece. You will use strong interpersonal skills to provide timely responses to questions, concerns and feedback of refugees and asylum seekers in Greece. You will also provide interpretation to support monitoring and evaluation, activities and other initiatives to ensure accountability to project participants and project learning.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide timely and accurate information to address the needs and concerns of refugees and asylum seekers.
- Respond to queries via phone, message applications, or other media, or in person.
- Document queries and feedback in order to promote project learning and accountability.
- Provide responses to queries in a professional manner using approved key messages and scripts on different topics.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Provide in-person verbal interpretation.
- Communicate accurately the content and style of verbal communication of the speaker.
- Support mutual understanding between conversation participants.
- Provide translation of monitoring, evaluation, and accountability (MEAL) tools such as questionnaires.
- Provide translation of information, education, and communication (IEC) materials.
- Provide interpretation during data collection events such as focus group discussions or interviews.
- Conduct phone surveys as needed.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Experience working with refugees and migrants is preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Office and digital data collection tools is a plus.
Greek work authorization required.
- Ability to maintain strict standards of confidentiality.
- Willing to discuss sensitive matters discreetly.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Acceptance of cultural differences and ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
Required Foreign Languages: Written and spoken fluency in Ukrainian and English.
Travel Required: Within Athens.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Programming Team, MEAL Unit.
External: HELIOS implementing partners, network of stakeholders.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV in English with email mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Helpline Operator Ukrainian-English”.