|Published||March 24, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of HIV Testing and Laboratory Coordinator for the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in the Philippines. EpiC is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development USAID) and is now on its second year of implementation. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 goal of the country and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, treatment programming and viral load (VL) suppression among key populations (KPs) and priority populations (PPs).
In the Philippines, EpiC HIV has been working since October 2020 in Mega Manila to address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among KPs in the Philippines and build capacity of local, community based KP (Key Populations) organizations and work closely with the government of the Philippines to deliver HIV services tailored to the needs of KPs. Now on its second year, EpiC HIV Philippines will expand to new sites and increasingly work with implementing partners towards targeted testing to increase HIV case finding among high-risk KPs.
The HIV testing & Lab Coordinator will support the EpiC Project through the technical team in providing technical assistance (TA) towards increasing HIV testing capacity and efficiency among EpiC sites. Reporting to the Technical Advisor for Clinical Services, s/he will:
- Provide TA to support the implementation of EPOA (Enhanced Peer Outreach Approach) among EpiC partners with special emphasis in supporting self-testing, sexual and social network testing (SSNT) and index testing in partner CBOs (community-based organizations) and HIV treatment facilities
- Provide TA to EpiC HIV partners, through development of tools and capacity building activities to identify and improve testing strategies in line with the national algorithm
- Provide TA to EpiC sites in establishing and strengthening service delivery networks between government facilities and local community-based organizations on HIV testing and reaching high risk key populations
- Work closely with EpiC SI (Strategic Information) and program sub teams to strengthen info systems and implementation among partners and local sites, for improved program and service delivery
- Provide TA to support Viral Load testing at the local level
- Organize meetings, training, and workshops in collaboration with the Department of Health and other development partners related to HIV and VL testing
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Proficiency and experience in national HIV testing protocols and laboratory operations related to HIV diagnosis and care
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs
- Knowledge of training and learning modules development
- Capacity to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, set aggressive schedules, and take initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team and think creatively
- Strong written communications skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to speak and write clearly in English
Required Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Laboratory Science, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral,
Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development, or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in health or HIV-related projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of the country’s HIV epidemic with emphasis on the national HIV Program testing algorithm and other related laboratory requirements of HIV facilities and clients, conducting assessments, protocol development and laboratory coordination.
- Experience in the health sector or HIV Prevention, Treatment, and Care programs
- Understanding and experience in social and behavior change communication skills
- Proven experience in conducting assessments, reviews, curriculum, or training modules
- Demonstrated ability to host and facilitate virtual and face to face meetings and
training (examples of previous work)
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent presentations and troubleshooting technical issues prior to and during virtual meetings and training
How to apply
Please send cover letter and updated CV/resume in single pdf file by email. Please indicate the name of position applied for in the subject line following this heading format: FHI360-EpiC-Position Applied For-Last Name of Applicant (Example: FHI360-EpiC-HIV Testing and Laboratory Coordinator-Cruz). Shortlisted candidates will be notified for the next screening process.