|Published||May 2, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
*For more than a decade, ABA ROLI has focused on improving court efficiency, increasing business sector confidence, combating corruption, and expanding access to justice in the Philippines. By continuously working with a broad coalition of local partners — trial and appellate courts, the Supreme Court, the Philippine Judicial Academy, the Integrated Bar of the Philippines, universities, law schools, and a spectrum of civil society representatives — ABA ROLI is building local capacity to champion and uphold the rule of law. **
ABA ROLI is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to be based in Manila, Philippines to support an ongoing USAID-funded program increasing citizens’ awareness of their rights and access to legal aid services, strengthening alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, and supporting the fair and efficient administration of justice. This role will support the office’s day-to-day human resource functions and duties. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in recruitment, maintaining staff records and identifying training and development needs for employees.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of this post include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in recruitment efforts, including posting job advertisements, organizing resumes and job applications, scheduling job interviews, and assisting in interview processes;
- Perform on-boarding activities, including orientations for new employees, and setting up designated log-ins, email addresses, workstations, etc.;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files and databases;
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resources records and information;
- Update and maintain employee information, employment status, and similar records;
- Assist in benefits administration and payroll functions, including processing of payslips;
- Monitor and record employee leaves and absences, overtime, and timesheets and ensure proper filing of appropriate documentation;
- Assist in the management of staff performance planning and evaluation processes;
- Assist with planning and execution of events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings and workshops;
- Assist in identifying staff capacity-building and development needs;
- Assist in implementing systematic staff development procedures;
- Assist in providing counseling on human resources policies and procedures and serve as a main point of contact on human resources related concerns;
Perform other related duties as required.
- Selection Criteria
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field;
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience in human resources;
- Excellent communication skills in Filipino and English;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Familiarity with local labor laws and good knowledge of human resources best practices;
- Experience in facilitating skills development and capacity building is an advantage;
- Experience in nongovernmental organizations, international organizations or US government-funded projects including familiarity with US regulations will be an asset.
Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling ABA ROLI’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of ABA ROLI;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Application of the ‘Do No Harm’ principle;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered to successful candidates.
How to apply
Interested applicants may submit their cover letter and CV. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications, you will only be contacted if you are short-listed.*