|Published||May 26, 2022|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Job Type||Full Time|
We offer flexible working, a competitive benefits package:
UK Grade D or equivalent according to location
Global team - Candidates can be based in any country in which they have the legal right to live and work and where HelpAge is able to employ and pay them legally
1 year Fixed term, Full Time
8.5% employer pension contribution
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others (inside HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries. We are seeking individuals, with an entrepreneurial mindset, who can work across diverse areas of our work, who can leverage both their unique expertise and deploy a wider range of experiences and competencies.
What you will do:
These outline the broad areas of responsibility in the role, but in collaboration with your colleagues you will be able to shape and design specific activities that are relevant at any point in time. We want you to work creatively to deliver impact and respond to relevant opportunities.
With your colleagues you will develop your team workplan to drive initiatives, develop ideas, as well ensure there is space for cross organisational working and short-term tasks. From this you will devise your individual workplan that will form the basis of your day to day activities and your performance reviews.
As Human Resources Business Partner you will –
- Review and update HR policies and procedures as required
- Document key HR processes for use by the HR team and managers
- Ensure all HR records are up to date and hold all information needed
- Lead on the development of regular group meetings with HR colleagues across all countries in which HelpAge works
- Support Global HR managers with HR training for line managers
- Support Global HR managers with recruitment or HR queries from staff and line managers
- Work with Global HR Managers on change management processes in different countries
- Support the Head of HR with work on Diversity and Inclusion
- Cover for the Global HR Managers in their absence
- Any other tasks as required
Let’s talk about you:
Key areas for impact, influence and responsibility
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
You will be someone with:
- A professional HR qualification and experience of working in a busy HR department.
- Previous experience of working in an international organisation and across countries highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- High level writing skills and previous experience in developing or reviewing HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and/or experience of change management
- Training experience desirable and knowledge of diversity and inclusion issues
- Strong IT skills with an ability to use different online systems
- Knowledge of HR databases
- Ability to organise own work and to work to deadlines
At HelpAge International, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be change makers and leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our values, challenging themselves every day to identify issues that are most important to older persons and their communities, and to make an impact that matters.
HelpAge International is entering into an exciting phase of its evolution as we fundamentally transform what we do, how we do it and how we are organised. Driven by our commitment to the localization agenda, we are evolving the way we partner and deliver value at the country and local level. In the coming 3 years, we will localize our country offices and programmes, and develop new and diverse forms of partnerships globally.
We seek to give primacy to local agents for change. To this end, we will replace all programmes delivered by HelpAge staff and resources on the ground with implementation by partners. This will apply across all our work -humanitarian and long-term development. Going forward, our value is framed around supporting, convening and thought leadership.
A key way of creating value and bringing impact is collaborating across boundaries and by bringing different perspectives, skills and talent together. We will deliver our work through agile teams and a global operating model, with regional roots, to focus on impact and maintain the relationships at the national level to help build collaborations and support others to set their own agendas.
At HelpAge International we work hard to achieve our goals together as a team with a clear shared purpose. Our values inform how we work together:
We respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality.
We value and recognise the contribution of our staff and network members, as we put older people at the center of everything we do.
We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact. We are committed to a culture of collaboration and building positive relationships.
We are passionate about learning, accountable and work together to find creative solutions.
Everyone who works at HelpAge share our values and are committed to behaviors that demonstrate and support them.
Everyone has a role in creating and sustaining a safe and respectful working environment, where no one comes to any harm or is maltreated. At HelpAge we take our responsibilities very seriously and will take action against wrongdoing. We will do everything we can to ensure that we do not engage people that pose a safeguarding risk and will undertake criminal record checks as required.
HelpAge International is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities and respecting diversity in employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. HelpAge encourages people with disabilities to apply and commits to make reasonable accessibility adjustments to workplace, if/as needed – this may depend on country/office location.
How to apply
To apply for a job at HelpAge, please submit the following documents:
A cover letter, setting out how you meet the requirements of the job profile. Please use bold headings for each requirement and provide examples.
Your current curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
Three referees, including your most recent employer
To be considered, please read the job description to find out more information and then email your application by email.