|Published||March 8, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for building relationships and partnering with employees and management to meet the organizatin objectives and serve the mission. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP will provide advice to leadership regarding best practices to maximize employee efficiencies, champion a diverse workforce throughout the employee life cycle and foster a culture of continuous improvement through performance management.
The successful candidate should have a good understanding of business functions, good communication skills, good interpersonal skills, strategic thinking and good organizational skills.
Reports Directly To: VP of International People and Culture
Works Directly With: Senior Management team including MEL Director, Finance Director, COP, Senior Operations Manager, Program Managers, Project Coordinators, Program Staff.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholder
- Support staff recruitment, placement and contract management processes and respond to unsuccessful candidates
- Conduct staff orientation/induction process for new and clearance for exiting staff
- Maintain and update efficient and effective filing and retrieval systems to ensure employee records &HR documents for both old and new staff are filed well,
- Regular updating of staff contacts, organization chart and strategy.
- Offer HR support and advice to managers, team leaders and employees
- Formulation and review of Policies & Procedures of the organization in line with Laws.
- Support the process of job planning and performance management/appraisal process
- Assist reviewing of staff job descriptions to suit current status
- Plan, coordinate and schedule staff training program, HR and other organizational major events. Also, creating and updating an organizational record of all staff development events (training, team-building, courses, seminars, workshops etc.)
- Handle staff compensation and benefits with confidentiality and integrity (Salaries, Pensions, Medical, GL) and work closely with the service providers on matters arising
- Handle staff conflict, disciplinary and grievance cases
- Maintain effective liaison with finance department to ensure payroll, payments and statutory obligations are correctly met on time
- Timely submission and proper filing of statutory deductions (NSSF, NHIF and NITA) including application and follow up of NITA training reimbursement
- Other duties assigned by the Line Manager
- Provide oversight to the receptionists/admin assistants mentoring and coaching them **
- File NGO annual returns on time and related compliance
Job Level Specifications
- Skillful interpersonal relations, time management, multitasking and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office packages and data bases)
- Good understanding of the Kenyan labor laws
- Demonstrated high levels of confidentiality and integrity handling staff matters
- 5-7 years working experience as a HR Manager or HR Business Partner
- Experience working in NGO set up will be an added advantage
- University Degree in Business Management or related social science
- Higher Diploma or Diploma in HR Management is important
- Certified member of IHRM.
Interested candidates can send their CV