|Published||March 8, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Educo is a global NGO for development cooperation and humanitarian action that acts in favor of children and in the defense of their rights, especially the right to receive an equitable and quality education. We promote sustainable social changes by improving the conditions of vulnerable populations, especially children, and promoting fair and equitable societies that guarantee their rights and wellbeing. Our action is therefore aligned with the Convention on the Rights of the Child and international standards such as SPHERE, INEE, CPMS.
Our three institutional objectives are: Education, Child Protection and Governance.
We work in Spain and in 13 countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia implementing more than 178 projects that benefits more than 4,800 schools, 1,600,000 children, adolescents and young people, and 1,900,000 adults
Educo is a member of ChildFund Alliance, one of the main international NGO coalitions focused on child protection and present in more than seventy countries.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION?
We are looking for a professional with strong knowledge of and experience with main humanitarian donors to develop our global grant and donor portfolio and thereby contribute to diversifying and sustaining external funding sources for our humanitarian and DRR programmes. The role focuses on helping secure funds for projects which align with our core thematic priorities.
This position is part of the Resource Mobilisation Unit, a dynamic and multicultural team within the Marketing & Fundraising Department.
The Humanitarian Donor Advisor will be charge of:
- Donor engagement: Attract a broad range of donors by designing and implementing donor engagement initiatives, including activities that showcase Educo's humanitarian actions and expertise at global and national levels.
Map funding opportunities in the humanitarian sector and accordingly develop annual business plans to achieve resource mobilization objectives, in coordination with Country Offices.
Ensure high quality liaison with institutional donors and implement outreach initiatives to new institutional donors.
Support Country Offices in identifying institutional donor engagement opportunities.
- Grant acquisition: oversee proposal development process ensuring good coordination at country, regional and headquarters levels.
Support Country Offices leadership in all aspects of proposal development process for humanitarian action. If necessary, support might also be requested for development cooperation proposals, especially in Africa.
Ensure high quality proposals and budgets by guiding Country Offices on donor requirements and coordinating inputs from key stakeholders (programme, finance, operations, partners, etc.). In strategic proposals, contribute directly to the development of proposals and budgets.
Support Country Offices to ensure coordination and compliance with calls requirements and deadlines.
Act as a focal point for donor intelligence (regulations, requirements, priorities, procedures, etc.) and develop capacity-building of Country Offices in high quality proposal elaboration process.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree in International Cooperation and Humanitarian Action and/or Social Sciences and Humanities and/or related discipline; postgraduate degree preferred, but not necessary if proven experience.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in full proposal formulation for institutional donors and in securing institutional funds (compulsory).
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish, with excellent written and verbal communication skills (compulsory).
- Solid knowledge of humanitarian donors’ trends and procedures (DG ECHO, UN Agencies, USAID, GAC, AECID, etc.). Knowledge of development cooperation donors is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Project Cycle Management
- Strong understanding of child rights and child protection and desirable knowledge of education and child protection in humanitarian action.
- Excellent skills to communicate complex technical information in a simple and articulate manner.
- High ability to work and lead tasks independently while working in a team.
- Results-oriented, problem-solving and high capacity to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment.
The position will preferably be based in Barcelona, with short-term international travel, as required.
CONDITIONS AND DURATION OF CONTRACT
Type of contract: Long-term, full-time contract
Remuneration: in accordance with the organisation's salary scales
How to apply
If you meet the requirements and are interested in the offer, please send your CV by email, indicating the reference HDA_2022 in the object line