|Published||May 5, 2022|
|Location||Makati City, Philippines|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The income specialist and Data quality officer ensures the correctness of data as well as proper documentation before it is loaded into the accounting system. S/he reports directly to REM_IDC Deputy Head of Unit in Manila with the overall leadership of the Head of Unit in Geneva.**
The REM/IDC unit ensures as well the production of financial reports and analysis, for internal and external use, and is in charge of data management, data quality, marketing segmentation and analysis. Software and applications used by REM division, like Raiser’s Edge, D2D-Donor to Distribution, Peoplesoft EPM (datawarehouse), Tableau BI datasources (Business Intelligence), are managed by REM/IDC. Finally, the REM/IDC unit is in charge of Supporter Care.
Together with other Resource Mobilization Income Specialist based in Manila, either perform or back-up for following tasks
- Register or import private gifts in Raiser’s Edge software (such as i.e. cheques, bank & postal transfers, etc) and ensure that all documentation is available for the finance department.
- Monitor automatic data entry workflows for incoming private contributions and regularly perform quality checks
- Monitor and set-up exception workflows. Optimize/set-up to reduce volumes of exceptions
- Ensure that correct earmarking is used according to donor wish
- Ensure regular monthly and yearly private income reconciliations with the ICRC accounting system and DRM software Raiser’s Edge
- Make sure that all monthly and year-end contributions (deferred) are correctly registered before each accounting closing exercise.
- Check data quality, update/tag data upon request and make follow up
- Participate to appeal creation in different systems (DRM, accounting system, web service)
- Prepare and send documentation regarding cancellation of pledges (unpost-refund-credit note)
- Prepare the whole documentation related to contribution requested by auditors and answer to their questions
- Reply to any request like invoice, incoming payment or donor request.
- Check the correctness of the acknowledgement of receipt of the thanking letter (pledged amount, date of registration, earmarking, payment date and amount received)
- Upon receipt of the thanking letter copy, the whole pledge documentation is filed in its respective donor’s file
- Maintain private income procedures up to date
- Update and/or create customer in Oracle-Peoplesoft finance and Raiser’s Edge
Support & Analysis: **
- Participate to the creation and improvement of excel / Tableau dashboards.
- Proactively assist and support Markets/Foresight on private contribution acknowledgements and thanking letter processes.
- Proactively assist and support Markets/Foresight by providing useful and relevant DRM queries.
- Provide new or updated user guidelines to the Markets/Foresight to ensure quality on data entry.
- Provide basic and advanced training to Markets/Foresight on DRM.
Assist the DRM application manager:
- Ensure business continuity in quickly facing DRM and interfaces bugs with ICT.
- Participate to the development of new workflows and optimize existing ones.
- Participate to testing of new DRM plug-ins, upgrade and maintenance requests in collaboration with ICT division.
- Participate to REM projects in providing current DRM’s (Raiser’s Edge) expertise/knowledge, especially the new CRM project
- Provide current processes knowledge/understanding to improve current and develop new ones.
Knowledge Base (KB) Management
- Contributes information to the support knowledge base; reviews others content and advises on areas of improvements**
- Documentation of best practices in internal procedures on handling incidents and requests**
- Maintain application user manual and e-learning packages, propose improvements, if necessary.
Selection Requirement and Profile
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 3 to 5 years working experience in accounting, financial analysis, statistics and data quality
- Working experience with ICRC and other international organization is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Excel Microsoft office, and other information systems Good knowledge of an ERP accounting system like Oracle-Peoplesoft, SAP, etc.
- Confirmed experience on accounts receivable accounting is a plus
- Good knowledge of a D/CRM software (Donor/customer relationship Management) like Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Dynamics or SalesForce
- At ease or fast learner with any computer tool and interested in new technologies
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Tableau, Hyperion Web Analysis Studio, Hyperion Smartview, or others in an asset
- SharePoint knowledge is an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively work multiple tasks and prioritize among objectives and project deadlines.
- Committed and highly motivated team player.
- Ability to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to optimize processes; identifies weaknesses in them and proactively proposes corrective action to ensure high levels of operational integrity and forecast certainty;
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good team spirit, organized, dynamic, reliable, rigorous and methodical. Applies and enforces agreed standards and ways of working
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, determined and able to work under pressure.
- Curious and takes initiatives in order to optimize ways of responding to internal requests or donors’ demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good command in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French language is a plus
What we offer
- A progressive professional development in an international humanitarian sector
- Stimulating benefits package
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English