|Published||April 3, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
MedGlobal is an international medical non-profit organization providing health services to people in need, including refugees and displaced persons, in disaster and underserved regions. The organization is composed of medical and public health volunteers of diverse backgrounds.
Supports overall logistics operations and oversees the proper implementation of all procurement processes in Ukraine. Responsible for ongoing liaison with national municipalities, governmental entities, local partners, and NGOs (local and international). Accountable for the organization and efficient management of project documentation. Supports Ukraine Field Office on all logistics and procurement matters, including asset management, contracts renewal, maintenance of equipment, warehousing and stock management, and procurement processes. Maximizes efficiency and ensures regular follow-ups ensuring time and cost-effectiveness in all activities. Reports to HQ Logistics and Procurement Manager on all logistics and procurement matters. Supports the implementation of logistics and procurement procedures and policies in Ukraine.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These include but are not limited to the following:
- Works as a focal point between MG HQ Team and local partners on the ground.
- Accountable for the organization of reliable and cost-effective local procurement processes.
- Responsible for all Ukraine logistics and procurement documentation.
- Responsible and accountable for the overall success of all logistics and procurement processes.
- Responsible for supervising all purchase requests, quotations, invoices, receipts, goods received notes, signed agreements, in coordination with the HQ Office.
- Supports Ukraine Field Office with regular planning of procurement, logistics and stock management activities.
- Works with the program team to ensure that all logistics and procurement processes are followed during the projects’ implementation.
- Tracks and updates all logistics and procurement sheets per MG policies and procedures.
- Responsible for visibility, printing materials, and media coverage for all projects in Ukraine.
- Works on MoUs with governmental entities and local partners (other NGOs), and effectively track and organize all project documentation.
- Liaises with relevant national and international NGOs and governmental authorities aiming coordination among the humanitarian actors to promote joint or collaborative activities.
- Obtains visas, permits, security clearances, customs clearances, and official registrations as needed.
- Arranges accommodation and transportation for staff members and volunteers.
- Develops and fosters relationships with the local communities, ministry of health, local and international organizations (i.e., OCHA, WHO, UN agencies, Health Cluster, Logistics Cluster, etc.).
- Translates, follows up, and obtains legal administrative documents related to the implementation of programs in collaboration with the Ukraine Humanitarian Coordinator and the HQ Office.
- Translates any logistics and procurement documents to English, if needed.
- Updates the HQ Office with the local security situation on a weekly basis.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Ukraine Humanitarian Coordinator or the HQ Logistics and Procurement Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- University degree in the supply chain, engineering, social science, public administration, law, development studies, international affairs or other relevant disciplines with a minimum of four years experience in working with humanitarian organizations.
- Familiarity and good knowledge of social, political, and economic conditions in the different countries of operations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with the HQ Office, Field Offices, other international NGOs, and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, standards, and other humanitarian-related issues.
- Strong Communication and language skills, including but not limited to spoken and written in both Ukrainian and English languages.
START DATE: ASAP
REPORTS TO: Ukraine Humanitarian Coordinator
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “**Logistics and Security Officer – Ukraine**”.