|Published||November 1, 2023|
|Location||Moshi, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Base Salary||£ 22,000|
Kijana Kwanza (Young People First) is a small international development charity that supports vulnerable children and young people with shelter, education and life skills in Moshi, Tanzania.
We are pleased to announce the recruitment of a Monitoring & Development Officer who will lead on regular project evaluation, donor reporting and developing new resources and activities to meet identified gaps in service provision.
The post holder will share responsibility for communicating with donors and reporting on organisational achievements, and therefore have excellent and fluent communication skills, in English. A working knowledge of Swahili is helpful, but beginner/elementary classes will be provided, where required. The successful candidate will also be expected to research new or unfamiliar topics and demonstrate sufficient competency to produce new resources, in particular learning materials for children and young people.
The duties outlined below represent the post-holder’s primary duties in relation to the advertised post. Additional duties will be set as required.
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Develop systems for monitoring and evaluating all services, projects and activities delivered by the organisation.
• Maintain accurate databases and spreadsheets of project outputs, outcomes and beneficiaries for the purposes of reporting and evaluation.
• Lead organisational discussions on monitoring and evaluating projects, activities and events and prepare reports thereof.
• Support continual improvements in the capacity of the wider team in these areas.
• Identify case studies for individual projects and activities to share with donors.
Donor Reporting & Resource Mobilisation
• Prepare child and student profiles for marketing, fundraising and internal record keeping.
• Collect and submit child and student letters to sponsors and donors on a bimonthly basis.
• Write annual report cards for all sponsored children and young people.
Service & Organisational Development
L• Research new projects and initiatives to further contribute to achievement of the organisation's mission and charitable objects.
• Prepare project and event plans for new and existing activities.
Conditions of Employment
This post is ONLY open to UK citizens.
You will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS and sign the organisation’s Code of Conduct.
You will be provided with a staff handbook and relevant policies at the start of your employment.
Your probationary period will be based in the UK. Thereafter, the post will primarily be based in
Tanzania (minimum 9 months per year).
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides, explaining how you meet the job description and the person specification.
Your letter should be addressed to Mohammed S Mamdani, UK Director of Kijana Kwanza, by email.