|Published||March 27, 2022|
|Location||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of|
|Job Type||Full Time|
REPSSI (Regional Psychosocial Support Initiative) is the leading African psychosocial support organisation. REPSSI’s vision is that all girls, boys and youth enjoy psychosocial and mental wellbeing. REPSSI has strong partnerships with governments (particularly the ministries responsible for social services, education and health), development partners, international organisations and NGOs in thirteen countries of East and Southern Africa.
REPSSI seeks to appoint an experienced a M & E Director for a prospective youth empowerment and skills development project in Tanzania. You will provide technical leadership required for the successful design, implementation and delivering objectives under a large-scale project targeting youth empowerment, livelihoods and participation. This position is contingent upon REPSSI Tanzania securing funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the evaluation and performance measurement plan.
- Lead the development of relevant M&E tools and, and provide M&E-specific technical training, mentoring, and coaching to partners.
- Provide technical leadership for quality M&E design, including tools, platforms and methods that are appropriate to the scope, context, and technical requirements of the project.
- Lead the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, ensuring disaggregated data and the use of gender- and inclusion-related indicators to assess how the project is impacting different groups.
- Provide leadership for all assessments (baseline, midline, endline) and evaluation activities, including developing terms of reference and protocols for any externally commissioned work
- Develop strong participant and community feedback and response mechanisms to ensure that program interventions are effective and accountable.
- Strengthen availability and use of high-quality data for decision making at all levels of the project. Integrate data analysis, reflection and interpretation and use with ongoing project activities, including gender and inclusion analysis.
- Strengthen REPSSI and partners’ data management and quality improvement systems, ensuring that data is audit worthy and readily available. Where problems exist, support the identification of solutions. Conduct data quality assessments of project partners.
- Lead and maintain a learning agenda and knowledge management system for the project, across all project components and partners.
- Contribute to program reports for submission to donor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A Post graduate degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10 years M&E experience with at least 8 years working at a senior level.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing rigorous quantitative and qualitative research, rapid appraisals, and methods for data analysis.
- Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing M&E systems for multilayered programs in Tanzania, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Familiarity with USG indicators and reporting requirements.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of learning.
- Demonstrated experience supervising, managing and developing staff.
- Knowledge and experience of M&E systems and software.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Excellent relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
This is a 4-year contract position subject to availability of donor funding and good performance. Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience. REPSSI is committed to the principles of employment equity.
How to apply
To apply, submit a one-page written motivation, recent salary history, CV and three work related referees with contact details, certified copies of identity document and qualifications by email.