|Published||April 3, 2022|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Muslim Hands is a UK faith based international relief and development organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The headquarters of Muslim Hands is based in Nottingham, with additional operational function of the - fundraising team located in London.
Muslim Hands is expanding its M&E to conduct rigorous impact evaluations, in this regards the post holder will work closely with the M&E officer at MH UK, thematic leads and Country partners to ensure that evidence-based impact evaluations are carried out for different projects and programs. They will undertake a range of qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects under the guidance of the Monitoring and Evaluation officer at MH UK. Working closely with the relevant parties the post holder will employ a range of research and evaluation methodologies to inform the continual improvement of the quality and impact of Muslim Hands interventions. Ideally you will have experience of involving children and young people, families, local communities, local practitioners, and policy makers in research and/or evaluation, Understanding and experience of using a range of quantitative sampling and data collection approaches, including analysis of secondary and administrative data; questionnaire design, survey design and management, analysis using appropriate software (e.g. Excel, SPSS or equivalents), and of developing appropriate sample designs and data collection tools. The post holder will have excellent communication skills with experience of communicating research findings to a range of audiences, including to professionals and lay audiences (for example, local community groups and/or parents).
Support the M&E Officer at MH UK in designing qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods multi-country evaluation studies.
Assist in the development of data collection instruments for the evaluation process (e.g. surveys, interview and focus group guides, desk review tools, direct observation forms etc.)
Oversee and track the implementation of evaluation projects in the region and ensure that the project remains on schedule
Support to conduct learning activities and case studies and document the learnings for future planning and implementation.
Travel as needed to conduct these evaluations as per the approved design, this may include but is not limited to carrying out data collection processes through surveys, FGDs, interviews, document reviews etc.
Analyse both qualitative and quantitative data and interpret the results into reports with convincing and substantiated conclusions and recommendations.
Monitor and report on program management’s implementation of evaluation recommendations
Advise on policy/projects/proposals development based on evaluation findings.
Adhere to the organizational policies and code of conduct.
Any other duty as necessary
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands policies and codes of conduct.
- To proactively promote excellence in regard to all Muslim Hands’ Values, Policies, Procedures and Processes including but not limited to Personnel Expectations, Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Well-being.
- To undertaking any other duties which may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties, responsibilities and scope of the role.
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in live TV appeals during our peak periods.
- Undergraduate degree in development, economics or any other related social science degree.**
- At least 2 years of professional MEAL experience.**
- Excellent Attention to detail and a Strong understanding of project cycle management process.
- Professional MS Office skills and experience in conducting statistical analysis of data, including use of statistical software such as SPSS
- Promotes teamwork and is able to work with a variety of people in a multicultural environment
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- This Person Specification is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by line manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
How to apply
Application Process & Closing Date:
Please send a cover letter telling us why you are suitable for the role along with your CV by email