|Published||April 24, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
CEFA (The European Committee for Training and Agriculture) is an Italian Non-Governmental Organization established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium- and long-term interventions in agricultural, environmental and Human Rights sector are focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by involving local counterparts and by promoting the active participation of the beneficiaries.
Objective of the position.
CEFA is implementing a multisectoral emergency response to humanitarian crisis intervention AID 12255 CRAE Climate Resilience and Agricultural Efficiency Integrated food security, nutrition, and water access intervention to support vulnerable communities in Jowhar district. The project intervenes in Jowhar district to respond to the food security emergency exacerbated by the recent floods and contribute to the economic recovery of the agricultural sector, limiting the socio-economic impact of the Covid19 pandemic in Somalia.
CEFA will work closely with the local government/authorities and other partners during implementation. CEFA then requires a highly competent Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support with data collection, reporting, logical framework review, updating the M&E plan, project trackers and indicators among other roles on a day-to-day basis. The position will coordinate closely with field staff and will conduct M&E training, carry out surveys and baseline data, conduct site monitoring visits, and support the collection of project success stories.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator and in liaison with the Regional Coordinator the position will support and oversight monitoring and evaluation including reporting on the logical framework component of the project implementation and management of the CRAE AID 12255 Project
- Designing and management of the project logical framework including revision of the matrix.
- Detailing and analyzing the lessons learned during the project evaluations.
- Leading the project evaluation processes both midterm and long-term evaluation
- Assisting programs and sector-specific field teams to develop systematic and effective project specific M&E plans
- In collaboration with the PC - organizing regular project monitoring and reviewing the relevant data collection tools designed by the team
- Designing and updating the projects Monitoring and Evaluation plans, Annual Progress Reports, and Indicator Trackers.
- Reviewing beneficiary selection criteria processes and verifying the targeting of beneficiaries through post-distribution monitoring.
- Undertaking routine field checking to ensure that the project is implemented as planned. Train and supervise survey enumerators and data entry staff on the data collection tools, and methods of data collection, when required.
- Ensure that data quality control processes (including data checking and daily de-briefing) are implemented for all surveys conducted.
- Development of monitoring tools: Baselines, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDMs), questionnaires, On-site distribution monitoring forms, surveys templates.
- Providing feedback to partners and program teams on projects performance based on the monitoring and findings.
- Assist in documenting case studies and success stories (written & audio) for specific project components and the overall program.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Program Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, project management, Agricultural- economics, or any other related qualification.
- 4+ years of experience in project implementation monitoring and evaluation with an international NGO with diverse experience in conducting assessments and surveys.
- Strong data collection skills, processing, analysis, and report writing.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in data analysis, knowledge and use of SPSS or other data analysis tools.
- Experience implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be pro-active
- Good facilitation, analytical, planning, and report writing skills
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages such as word, excel, powerpoint, spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English and Somali language (not a must) and have a clear understanding of the context of the area of operations.
- Good supervisory and organizational skills, good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Knowledge of written and spoken English,
The incumbent reports hierarchically to the Kenya Somalia Project Coordinator.
How to apply
send CV and Cover letter to email