|Published||April 26, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
The engagement of Switzerland in Libya is focusing on peace promotion, migration/protection and humanitarian affairs. In order to reinforce the Libya team, currently largely based in Tunis, the Swiss Embassy in Tunis is seeking to fill the following position:
National Project Officer Libya
- Contribute to the advancement of the Swiss engagement in Libya, especially in the humanitarian, early recovery and protection areas,
- Identify and assess new initiatives and potential project partners; and maintain and develop existing partnerships in close cooperation with the project team,
- Contribute to dialogue with key international, national and local stakeholders on humanitarian, early recovery and protection issues, and Switzerland’s engagement,
- Engage in all aspects of the project cycle management (PCM), including monitoring and evaluation of projects, in compliance with Swiss Development Cooperation PCM standards,
- Ensure administrative processes in cooperation with project team and relevant services at the HQ, and ensure proper implementation and reporting,
- Establish and maintain contact and a network of humanitarian and protection related actors active in Libya, comprising civil society actors; upon request, represent Switzerland in coordination meetings with humanitarian and protection actors and organizations,
- Provide regular analysis and reporting on the humanitarian and protection related developments and trends in Libya,
- Contribute to the organization of field visits within Libya, and participate actively in those visits.
Ø A University degree, preferably at masters level is required
Ø At least 5 years working experience in project management, humanitarian affairs, protection, development or similar fields is required
Ø Previous experience in management and/or implementation of humanitarian programs and project cycle management is desirable
Ø Good knowledge of the situation in Libya with a focus on humanitarian affairs and migration
Ø Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and experience in multi-cultural, multi-lingual teams in complex settings
Ø Professional skills in English and Arabic both in writing and speaking. Knowledge in French is an advantage.
Ø Female applications are encouraged.
The position of National Project Officer for Libya is currently based at the Swiss Embassy in Tunisia, but with a prospect of being shifted to Libya. The post is initially limited to a one year, full-time contract.
How to apply
To apply, please send a complete* application in .pdf format. Please include the following text in the subject line of your E-mail: “Application, NPO Libya, NAME First name “.
*The complete application is a .PDF file and must contain the following documents:
- Motivation letter