|Published||August 22, 2022|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the National Project Officer will be responsible and accountable for coordination of the implementation and monitoring of the ARMP project activities in Senegal.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the ARMP project activities in Senegal in a timely manner, collaborating constructively with the Programme Officer in carrying out all its financial, administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements. • Ensure the timely implementation of the project activities in Senegal and periodically assess and revise the project strategy with the Programme Officer, including the preparation of work plans, progress reports, and the collection and compilation of information to monitor and evaluate project implementation. • Ensure that assessments, regular monitoring is conducting against both project objectives while ensuring the quality of the activities/implementation • Support the establishment of strong partnerships with Government entities, Embassies, implementing partners, UN agencies, Civil Society Organizations and other stakeholders in Senegal. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For this vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates • Build synergy between Protection and other cross-cutting IOM projects and relevant teams, in order to guarantee cohesive IOM programming. • Ensure communication and visibility actions of the project, in coordination with the national focal points and in line with IOM’s standards and in full compliance with the donor’s requirements. • Organize events, meetings and trainings with beneficiaries, civil society organizations, NGOs, embassies and all other relevant stakeholders with the aim to promote migration management. • Act as a trainer for the project capacity-building activities. This includes providing basic training to Governmental Institutions, civil society, and religious organizations on topics such as, but not limited to: migration governance, human trafficking, labor migration; ethical recruitment; migration, environment and climate change (MECC). • Design and prepare training materials and case studies exercises accordingly. • Ensure financial monitoring of the project expenditures for Senegal to contribute to timely budget expenditure. • Reporting and support the information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the programme’s donors and other stakeholders. • Assist the Programme Officer, with the support of the Project Assistant, in the overall design, implementation and reporting of the ARMP in West Africa, in coordination with the seven national focal points (one for each implementing country) and the relevant experts in the missions and/or the Regional Office; • Perform any other duties assigned
II.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree, preferably in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations and/or Law, or other relevant fields;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of migrants’ assistance with a government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization in the West and Central Africa and/or Middle East and/or North Africa; • Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations; • Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; • Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (word, excel, outlook) and web-based applications.
- French: Fluent - English: Fluent
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
-Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. -Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. -Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
-Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. -Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. -Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. -Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. -Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
How to apply
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail referring to this advertisement in the subject: “SVN-CO-004-2022 and complete name”. Application must contain a CV and a cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.