|Published||May 3, 2022|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Purpose of Position:
The Procurement & Logistics Manager will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of all procurement and logistics related activities in accordance with the organization’s procurement and logistics policies and procedures. Leads operational country-assessments, including supply chain management, purchasing, facilities, and fleet management. Serve as the procurement specialist and will be responsible for developing and standardizing operations processes and systems in accordance with country office guidance and directives.
Collaborates with colleagues across departments to identify system needs, process bottlenecks, and to develop unique solutions to enable more timely, efficient, and accountable operations. Support preparedness planning across country programs, developing instructional material, facilitating training, and mentoring staff.
- Liaise with Program staff to ensure any requirements for procurement support are identified approved and procured in a timely, well-documented and cost-efficient manner. Implement an annual planning process to streamline repetitive procurement of goods to increase competitive tendering and internal processes.
- Liaise with the Program staff to get the required specifications for the equipment and advise the concerned teams.
- Establish and update supplier database as necessary arrange for preferred supplier agreements for types of supplies as well as services that will be demanded on a regular basis.
- Source new vendors for better quality inventory and negotiate for better prices and prepare the procurement support documents.
- Manage and ensure timely purchase and delivery of equipment and consumables keeping to the policies and procedures of the Country office procurement guide.
- Use excellent customer service skills, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with vendors.
- To participate in the tendering processes to manage tender lists, manage the dispatch of tender documentation and quotations in accordance with the governing laws and co-ordinate responses to tender enquiries as appropriate.
- Manage performances and contracts of long-term and short-term suppliers.
- Conduct continuous capacity assessment of implementing partners, analyze gaps and provide trainings to strengthen capacities.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the organization with the suppliers.
- Ensure quality standards are met through administration of purchasing complaints.
Logistics and Program Support
- Responsible for all logistics, procurement, and distribution of supplies for the needs of the programs and operations of the organization in South Sudan.
- Prepares and submits periodic procurement, inventory status, consumption, and other related reports of the unit.
- Establish and maintain sound and easily retrievable records and files (hard copies and electronically, as necessary) for all forms and process of procurement, storage, and distribution transactions.
- Establish and maintain asset and inventory registry, including equipment allocation & maintenance, and disposal of assets in accordance with organization policies.
- Ensure transport needs are met on time and efficiently managed with sound transport need scheduling so that operational and programmatic activities run smoothly.
- Ensure efficient utilization of available vehicles and any other transport resources and monitor associated running costs are always maintained at reasonable range.
- Ensure vehicle insurance policies are renewed, any accidents are reported, and claims are processed on time and efficiently.
Planning and Compliance
- Participate in budget preparation and monitoring of budgetary allocation of procurement items to ensure compliance.
- Proactively identify and manage risk in own area ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures including timely completion of compliance training where required.
- Undertake training as required and agreed with line manager.
- Strengthen capacity of staffs and partners in relation to procurement, storage, distribution, and related functions
Leadership & Management
- Role Model to a high standard organization’s policies and procedures, values and leadership standards.
- Proactively contribute to the development of the divisional strategy.
- Ensure all direct reports have clear performance goals and development plans which enable them to succeed.
- Ensure the effective management of resources (financial, technical, human resources and operational) to achieve the organizational strategic objectives.
- Play advisory role on all procurement and logistics management aspects to all offices
- Effectively select, retain, and develop talent, experience, and skills to help build a strong team
- Proactively lead a team, to ensure a high standard of employee engagement.
- Organize Procurement trainings for both program and operations staff on a regular basis.
- Train staff on procurement and logistic procedures and policies to ensure compliance with government regulations and documentation requirements pertaining to exports.
- Develop and maintain an effective orientation package and ensures that new staff members are appropriately orientated on Procurement policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Procurement department maintains cooperative relations with other departments and interacts with them in a positive manner.
- Evidence of practical experience of at least 7 years in procurement and logistics management in an international organization
- Proven record of experience in the management of strategic procurement and logistics at a management level.
- Experience in the management of budgets and the ability to prepare timely, complete and accurate reports.
- Excellent knowledge of the local regulatory environment, including knowledge of customs clearance and importing processes.
- Experience in humanitarian sector and general supply chain management.
- Previous experience in a management capacity
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Proven Planning and Coordination skills.
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to interpret financial information.
- Integrity and business acumen.
- Must be able to take control and be accountable.
- Good communication skills, including fluency in spoken and written English.
- Coaching and capacity building skills of staff and partners;
- An energetic self-starter with the resilience, pace, interpersonal flexibility and comfort with ambiguity to succeed within the evolving and sometimes demanding contexts;
- Ability to be flexible/adaptable in the face of changing priorities and to maintain a sense of humour;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and support programs;
- Customer focused and ability to deal with persons at all levels.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to produce the Monthly Procurement reports and on a timely basis.
- Capacity building operations and field staff on procurement processes and policies
- Ability to understand the budget and clearly delineate high value and volume procurement.
- General understanding of supply chain management and oversee related procurement.
- Develop a proper procurement lead time and supplies that are time driven and definite in cycle.
Master’s degree in Procurement, Supplies or Logistics.
How to apply
Qualified applications should send their CVs and Cover letter by email.